It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data Dumpers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I seem to attract "Data Dumpers".

Data Dumpers are what I call the type of person who - for some reason - targets a person and usually opens a conversation by asking for a cigarette or some other small item - a lighter, spare change, directions, etc...before unloading a wealth of information on their mark.

Each conversation lasts anywhere from five to fifteen minutes, and frequently involves blocking their marks passage or ability to make scheduled appointments.

They seem more interested in relaying information than they do the initial reasons than the cigarette or change. Those items are more of a gateway entrance for their conversational overload.

I've encountered them across several American cities and small towns for the past 25 years. As of this writing, I do not know why they seem to be attracted to me, and why their stories all seem to have the same primary elemental thematic.

The majority I encounter fall into one (or more) of three primary categories:

1.) MKULTRA - They'll talk about their enlisted military service. Usually it's a mash up of terms and details that come in a wave of unconnected and intensely disorientated timelines. Extremely unlikely tales of jumbled dates, names and all sorts of things that to anyone with military experience of knowledge just sounds like crack pot crazy fantasies. They rattle details and "prior service" in rapid fire world salad. They never mention the MK programs directly, but it's readily apparent something has gotten into their head and messed itself up in there.

2.) Strange Intelligence - They will approach and start rambling off strange numerical code sequences in-between casual statements. Sometimes they'll start in on random conspiracy theories but it's not always a given. They claim being targeted and harassment claims are very frequent.

3.) Histories of Abuse - they will corner you, obstruct your passage and swamp you with details of every abusive incident in their lives. These are the hardest to field off, as they tend to follow you around and be oblivious to polite attempts to disengage from the conversation. They are usually younger (15-25) and from lower income families with high emphasis on sexual abuse and occult ties.

Now granted, these are not the only type of Data Dumpers out there, but these examples comprise a higher percentage of the cases I come across.

I'd love to know if anyone else out there has frequent run-ins with this type of person on the street.

Any theories ATS?

edit on 2/18/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting clarity

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe you seem interesting and/or interested. Anyone who doesn't give off the "do I know you," vibe will generally become the subject of such "data dumping." I get it all the time too, both online and in "real life." Maybe you keep a strange milieu (ala ATS.) And most likely, people who lean towards conspiracies are generally considered a bit crazy, and are therefore generally quite lonely... and being lonely is a sure-fire way to develop an abundance of information about ones self, while at the same time lacking the social aptitude to know when someone "didn't really ask about all that."

So, to avoid this type of thing, I'd recommend becoming a bit of a jerk and/or hanging out in places/with people who aren't so crazy lonely.

(But I don't recommend that... because sometimes, those people can be the best kind.)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Understood....thanks for some perspective. It's appreciated.

I'll be honest with you...most of them are very nice, but you can always smell the imbalance. I try not to come off as rude to these folks because it's very obvious they have delicate psyches. It breaks my heart I can't do anything to help other than listen and be a sympathetic ear for them when we cross paths.

I've got my share of strange stories as well, but I don't really have the outgoing personality in real life to just start airing my dirty laundry on random strangers....or even close friends for that matter.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Nope... We all come to you... There is a sign up sheet on the back wall with a schedule... Apparently there is a 9 month waiting list, you are popular!

Think about it like this... If The law of attraction is real... What do you put out to attract it?

I constantly get people who think they know me or say.. "who do you look like? You look like somebody I know" I tell them, Jesus? or Jeff Bridges, well The Dude from the Big Lebowski. They always reply... "Oh my God you do look just like him...I love that movie!" I assume they mean Jesus, and go about ordering my Caucasian and head to my lane and roll a few games..Or, I act like I went to highschool with them or something like that and I am offended and can't believe they don't remember me.. for a laugh...Almost daily I go through this routine.
It get's bothersome. You should just come up with a Crazy exit move that you can pull out when needed..Develop a coping mechanism for dealing with it, just make sure it's funny. People usually don't get all stabby if they are laughing...
edit on 18-2-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

My first thought was they are attracted to your energy?
I went through that although the subject matter was different. I came to the conclusion that those people needed me to just hold space for them. It affected me less once I stopped looking at it so personally
But of course I could be wrong.

Another thought: are you subconsciously seeking these types of subjects etc? Sometimes the universe can take years to answer what we seek.

Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I will posit here that when they spot you, your gaze is not focused as if you're in a hurry to get somewhere. I didn't say your pace but rather your gaze. Maybe you look around a lot and meet people's eyes with yours. That is a signal of openness. Then if you pause, you've hinted at receptivity. As for being able to cut it off, perhaps focus on it when you go to sleep tonight and different escape scenarios might present themselves in your dreams. However, some people just have an aura of kindness about them, and maybe you're one of them. And the kindness of listening is a gift to them.

edit on 18-2-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It's called mental illness. I'm frequently approached by mentally Ill people who simply want to ramble on about what they feel is important to them, often with grandiose stories. Most of the time I politely listen, talk and go on my way..knowing that there's nothing they can do to harm me in any way without my first noticing it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I have experienced the same thing when I lived downtown and always would walk or ride by bike from place to place. I was always the type of person willing to give a cigarette to a person or give them some pocket change. The reason is that they are people just like everyone else and I have been there before. Not homeless, but broke as F#ck and jobless, looking for something, anything. In my opinion, these people have been in that posistion a long time, at least a year, and are willing to tell their stories (true or not) in order for you to possibly feel sorry for them, maybe give them some infor on how to better themselves, whether it be a job, place to stay, food, or clothing. The fact that you were gracious enough to give them a cigarette or change and then continue to seem interested in what they were saying gives that person a great chance to interest you in them. And remember, many of these people are lonely, strive for attention, and are looking for a friend wherever they can find one (friends seem to help one another).
But at the same time I would not discredit everything that they say. I wouldn't say that you have some sort of aura about you that makes these people want to talk to you, it's just that you will listen and are interested. It is very possible that what they are saying has truth to it, or it was one of their friends stories. People uninterested in such stories and tales from these people will not acknowledge them, and if they do give them a smoke or change, they will then break that relationship instantly by walking off, probably saying have a good one or soehting to let them know that the conversation is over. If they are pestered after that, they will likely be jerks and tell them to F#ck off.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
People on the "fringes" seldom have steady "people" interactions of a positive kind. Some are just so used to manipulating to get what they need or want they have forgotten how to act around more socialized people. It's kind of a sad thing.

This being ATS I also won't discount that some people intentionally way-lay you. I've often thought to myself "did I miss getting hit by a car?" or something cause I let myself get sucked into listening & not being rude?

Or did I miss a grand opportunity cause I got way-laid?

Guess I'll never know for sure, but telling them to just "eff off" is pretty #ty.
Any of us could be in their shoes.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a trip to San Fran. Seems anybody will come up to you offering advice/stories/questions/life ponderings, just to get a dollar in change.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The interactions themselves don't bother me much.

I'm actually more concerned about how they all seem to have the same stories.

It's easy to write it all off as "mental illness" - but doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that the mental illness crowd ALL have the same stories to tell? That seems to point to something else going on under the radar for me. I'd like to know why.

If there is a chance of some sort of human experimentation going on out there, particularly on those least likely to be able to help themselves into a better life, why do most people so casually dismiss that probability? Do the weakest among us really not matter?

Not judging anyone - just curious why so many wave it off as "no big deal".

edit on 2/19/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

I love your work Jeff !!

As per GE, your a girl k, ... Even if you had no teeth, a peg leg and carried aids medication people would talk to you. Even if u dont think your beautiful people find you approachable, and a background in conspiracy allows people to empty their crazy suitcase on you, as we are a rare breed.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Some people are very non threatening.....I am also one of these people. I have had many people over the years tell me life stories just for the heck of it. I often help people in need and maybe that is why people tend to come to me. People can sense vibes and the vibe I must give off is not threatening and easy going.

edit on 19-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It's not that the weakest among us don't matter, it's that we are so busy in our own lives that we don't often have time to think about others. For most people the goal in life is to simply survive, I'm one of those people who has been cast out and lived on the streets for a little while. I'm sure what I said regarding mental illness probably offended some people without context of where I'm coming from when I say that.

Maybe there is more to it, honestly I don't know..I have heard the same types of stories, although never exactly the same. Also as I said their always highly exaggerated so much of it is hard to believe even for me and I've had a pretty unbelievable life so far.
edit on 19-2-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Data dump - 1-2-3-2-3-2-3-1-3 - only works on Maygay machines such as Homer's Meltdown. Do this just after dropping jackpot and the machine should forget its payout history and award the jackpot again. Used to do this all the time but never got rich from it!

Wrong type of data dump?

... Back on topic...

I attract these people. It's because I make eye contact or am willing to give a bit of change. They're usually just street folk or alcoholics who have a fragile mind from years of hardship.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
They feel a kindship with you what other reason can it be. There are no ufos, bigfoots, mkultra or secret codes. There is only imaginations running wild.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

If you are targeted by the government you need several cameras rolling when you leave your home

Probably already too late

But they do first install bugs into your place to watch you

Cameras could show you when they enter next time, they will delete the video making you wonder where is it

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

No offense, but that was wildly irrelevant to the discussion I'm attempting to engage.

I've never claimed to have been "targeted by the Government".

I might write my next thread on the dramatic loss of reading comprehension skills and rise of smartarse commentators.

Thank you for being said inspiration.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join