It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New idea for the site: A mod generated WATS score for each threads content?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I've seen many ratings, come and go here at ATS, while some of them were useful, in the end, what i have seen it ends up to be a lot more work on the part of the mods and owners, and extra drag on the resources.

Kind of amazing really as many changes that have gone on here in years i have been here as a member and the years before that as a lurker.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
While I don't speak for everyone on staff, I can say that my time has been shortened over the years for various reasons... mostly due to work.

One of the things about ATS is that I am free to form my own opinion about the topic without subtle editorial influence. And that if I think a thread is interesting that I can flag it as any other member can. As staff, I can throw an applause to any post and not just the thread author.

Are there good threads that slip through the cracks? Yeah, unfortunately. But should you be subjected to my criteria as to what is a good thread? No. Especially if you consider that what I like as subjects are different than what other people like as subjects. And sometimes I get a kick out of some pretty schlocky threads. But then again, I get on a bad movie kick and have real wastes of film in the old DVD collection... stuff that makes Plan 9 From Outer Space look good.

<< 1   >>

join