It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of Dark Matter...could the area between galaxies be missing "Space"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Instead of Dark Matter...could the area between galaxies be missing "Space"? Perhaps "Space" only exists in the presence of regular matter.
Science is telling us space is a fabric. Maybe what we see as Dark Matter is evidence that space "the fabric that controls light speed" does not exist everywhere in the universe.

Just like there are areas we see that have no matter perhaps there is also no "Space".

This would have massive implications. Could mean everything is actually closer than we think outside our galaxy and could also mean travel between Galaxies might not be restricted to the speed of light like it is where "Space" exists. Prove there is "Space" outside of galaxies or gravity?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I get your drift. Interesting. Means redefining the term 'nothing'

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Does a fish know he is swimming in water or floating in the air?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Does a fish know he is swimming in water or floating in the air?

Depends if its wearing water wings

But more importantly
Do cows realize they are eating grass..

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You jumped from a relatively interesting thought to conclusions that have nothing to do with it.

First of all, we are not limited by the speed of light. Who told you you couldn't go faster? Are you able to imagine being able to go faster? So, at least in imagination you can travel faster. That's already breaking the limit in one way.

How about in thought? How about in your astral body? How about when you elevate the vibration frequency of your physical body or the field surrounding the craft that surrounds your physical body? The effect is almost the same as astral projection - but instead of your soul and astral body leaving your physical body, it's just a larger scale operation, where a whole spacecraft leaves a physical planet.

There are no speed limits, except those falsely imposed by the limited mind (and agenda-ridden monsters that want to rule planets, like this one).

Normal space travel is easy, after you know how to do it - and trust me (well, probably better not trust a stranger in the internet on second thought), 'they' have known the secret and had operational craft for a long time.

Visitors from other planets have formed the phenomena that Terrans usually call "UFOs".

They are already proof that it is possible. All you need next, is the method, and then the manufacturing process.

But of course it's best to have a mature soul first - and most of this planet's half-animals have not reached that kind of state, where they would be ready to do it peacefully. They would install guns to the spaceships and try to dominate others.

So.. galaxies being 'closer' or 'farther' from each other - has no bearance on the matter of whether it's faster or slower to travel in space.

Besides, your theory sounds to me like a Terran mind who cannot and won't grasp the vastness of the space, and the enormous astronomical sizes and distances, and wants to 'cheat' to bring them closer and thus to a more 'comprehensible' range, easier to process and subjugate under the scrutiny of the ever-searching, ever-restless mind of a Terran.

But the Universe is enormous, it's huge, and it's wiser to accept it and realize just how tiny we are as individuals. Because that is the truth. We cannot cheat and compress the Universe so we could feel bigger and our egos would be more bloated.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Hmm two questions if I get your meaning correctly, which I am not sure .

1.) If there would be no space in between the galaxies, wouldn't that mean we should not see other galaxies ? Light from those other galaxies, has to travel somehow to our lovely planet in order for us to see it .. If there is no medium between the galaxies, there is no way for light to travel.

2.) If there is nothingness between galaxies, how do you propose to travel between them ? In a sense you would fall off the edge of the galaxy,upon reaching the line between something and nothingness.

Like I wrote, I am not completely sure I understand your terminology, so correct me if I am wrong

top topics

join