It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands to Get Booted From Obamacare Plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Some 200,000 Obamacare enrollees are about to be kicked off their insurance policies after they failed to confirm that they are legally living in the United States administration officials announced Thursday. Under the health law, people enrolled in exchange policies must be able to prove legal status.

Thousands to Get Booted From Obamacare Plans

This is interesting. Apparently a few hundred thousand people are getting kicked off of their Obamacare health insurance because they aren't legal citizens. For one, this is clear evidence that illegal immigrants AREN'T able to take advantage of Obamacare. And two, how did these people get enrolled in the first place?

The announcement came just as health officials are making their final push to enroll as many people as possible in health coverage through Obamacare’s state and federal exchanges before the Sunday deadline. Last week, officials said some 9.9 million people had selected policies on both the state and federal exchanges—that will be revised down once these plans are terminated.

Oh. That's why.

Most of these people received federal subsidies last year to make their coverage more affordable. It is unclear if the Internal Revenue Service will try to recoup that money.

Damn right the IRS should recoup that money. Though this opens up some questions. Can the IRS now charge these people with tax fraud? I imagine no and the IRS will just send them a bill. Of course, if these people aren't legal, I'm PRETTY sure that they won't be very forthcoming on paying that bill...

It also appears that this number of 200,000 will be revised up even further since that only accounts for federal exchange discrepancies.

The number of people getting kicked off their policies is likely to increase—since the administration’s figures only account for people who enrolled on the federal exchange. It does not include people with application discrepancies on the state run exchanges.

I bet that the number will go up quite a bit.
edit on 13-2-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That's what happens when people cheat... See everyone loves Obamacare, they were mostly illegal though so doesn't count. This person cheated at the election, well it's over now not much we can do about it. Oh that team deflated some balls at a playoff game, well that happened last night no big deal....

Who says cheaters never win, they always do!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
so if those that are kicked off were part of the original 7 million to sign up, what does that mean?
they just used them long enough to get the number?

sounds like obama and crew pulled a fast one.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
My memory might be fuzzy but I seem to recall that Illegals were exempt from the individual mandate... along with Muslims and Native Americans (provided they were 1/8 or 1/16 for Cherokee and maintained tribal affiliation).

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And two, how did these people get enrolled in the first place?

Because they lied? Imagine that.

Kind of pales in comparison to the liars at the top that get "welfare" bailed out with Government trillions because they are 'too big to fail.'

But I get the focus on the little guy thing we do so swell.

Carry on…

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm just reporting news here. I agree that we shouldn't be giving out corporate welfare like we do to the too big too fail companies.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Gosh! Who ever would have thought that people who broke the law to come to this country would also break the law to rip it off once they were here?

Color me shocked ...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
sooooo... tax season. You know .... Turbo Tax.

Millions of people use it every year, absolutely free. And all it asks is "did you have medical coverage with an employer this past year, yes or no. Ok thank you. Even if you did not, and wished to remain away from that system, you simply enjoy time in coverage limbo where your money goes to yous. Count the time it takes before you have a serious medical emergency though

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

They are able to enroll using fake papers or when they buy them, most illegals pay for stolen identities from legal citizens to be able to receive benefits and work.

I know because no only I worked with immigrant children and their families that they are supposed to have approved legal visas to be in the country but most of the time their paper work is provided by sharks from stolen identities.

I was the victim also of stolen identity when an illegal used my SS number to obtain a loan for education.

I end up in a battle with the Department of education because after failure to repaid the loan the IRS targeted me for repayment.

And the thing that got me the most is that I am a female and the person that stole my identity was a male.

The government is the most inept and incompetent entity in the nation costing the tax payer billions of dollars when they fail to do their job.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The government is the most inept and incompetent entity in the nation costing the tax payer billions of dollars when they fail to do their job.

Heh. But GOD help you if you fail to pay your taxes or screw something up.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Another thing with the turbo tax or any other way to file taxes online is that already the scammers are cashing big time on this way to file taxes, they can get SS from unsuspected people and file for them, get their returns and leave the unsuspected to find out later that their returns are gone, the government is not liable for this.

This problems is getting bigger and bigger every year.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I know, my husband and I knows very well how they go after those like us that are easily to target due to our working records, but the scammers, the dirt and corrupt get away with billions of dollars stolen every year and nobody is liable.

But the honest tax payer pay for all of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DYepes

Another thing with the turbo tax or any other way to file taxes online is that already the scammers are cashing big time on this way to file taxes, they can get SS from unsuspected people and file for them, get their returns and leave the unsuspected to find out later that their returns are gone, the government is not liable for this.

This problems is getting bigger and bigger every year.

That's because the majority of these identify thieves are employed by the cartels, and no one in the states wants to talk about trying to honestly dismantle them and keep them from coming back. Heck there isn't even a conversation to "band-aid" fix that problem.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You are right, and taking into consideration that southern states tend to protect the migrant workers because the farming community needs them is easy to bypass laws in order to keep them happy.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So sad, did they have any idea at the beginning?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Don't worry. President Phone & Pen just made them all legal, so they'll get those policies back and there will be no reason to recoup that money because I'm sure the action will be made retroactive.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No he didn't.

new topics

top topics

join