It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington police shoot and kill man throwing rocks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
I saw police shoot to death an unarmed man with his hands up. What happened before that doesn't matter.

Yes, what leads up to a shooting incident doesn't matter...what utter nonsense.

Should a father go to jail for shooting a rapist that he catches in the act with his daughter in his own house? I mean, laws protect that instance and say it's legal, but with your logic, what the rapist was doing doesn't matter, and it's just murder.

smh

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I saw police shoot to death an unarmed man with his hands up. What happened before that doesn't matter.

Yes, what leads up to a shooting incident doesn't matter...what utter nonsense.

Should a father go to jail for shooting a rapist that he catches in the act with his daughter in his own house? I mean, laws protect that instance and say it's legal, but with your logic, what the rapist was doing doesn't matter, and it's just murder.

smh

This wasn't a father in his own house. These were cops on duty shooting a surrendering man. So, no. It doesn't matter what happened before they shot him.

Our taxes don't pay fathers to shoot rapists, they pay for cops to arrest criminals.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

This wasn't a father in his own house. These were cops on duty shooting a surrendering man. So, no. It doesn't matter what happened before they shot him.

Our taxes don't pay fathers to shoot rapists, they pay for cops to arrest criminals.

First, your comment that the man was surrendering is a subjective interpretation, which means it's irrelevant in this conversation.

Second, our taxes pay for LEOs to do their jobs, which sometimes means that they have to protect themselves from perceived threats, whether justified or not--but if not, I sure wish "the system" will do a better job at prosecuting these people.

Like I've said all along, waiting for more evidence is the intelligent (and responsible) thing to do before passing judgment. I never once stated as fact that this guy was pretending to pull out a weapon so that police would shoot him, nor that he really did pull out a weapon. All that I have been saying is that I can see how his body language, in the 1.5 second that it took for him to stop, turn around, and do whatever the hell he did with his hands, the LEOs had to make a split-second decision on whether or not it was an aggressive, life-threatening action that needed dealt with swiftly in order to protect themselves and the population around them.

But, if these officers were out of line, then they definitely need prosecuted properly, not just slapped on the wrist and put on administrative leave for a few weeks. I don't disagree with that.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That was an execution and was so blatant that it stuck out like a sore thumb. We now know they have been told to shoot people and they will suffer no comeback. The idea I believe is to create a riot and that gets really out of control and bring in martial law, could be the reason they are letting everyone through the borders and targeted a Mexican, they tried black people but they never rioted enough. They have the Fema Camps, They have the laws all they need now is an excuse.

They want people to snap, if that is not clear watching the execution then nothing will be clear to you.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

In response to questions about whether the special investigative team could be objective in evaluating Pasco officers' conduct, Lattin was emphatic: "We are going to produce an impartial report. No investigators would put their careers in jeopardy for someone else."

I'm actually quite impressed to see this police department stepping up. They are looking for witnesses, recordings, and people who had contact with the victim directly beforehand. Law enforcement done right, I suppose, even if it is after the fact and will be enforced on their own officers.
edit on 20-2-2015 by FireflyStars because: dead link fix

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join