It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It grinds my gears when people SHOUT.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

...For emphasis, my dear man, for emphasis.
You see the italic fonts are not too definitive in font,
and the stupid icons are too much like blunt instruments.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I'VE ONLY EVER DONE IT A FEW TIMES. TO ME, TYPE IN CAPS LOCK IS LIKE A GIGANTIC RANT. THE TEXT EQUIVALENT TO A MASSIVE BREAKDOWN OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. THOUGH I DO BELIEVE THAT SOMETIMES IT CAN BE A GOOD WAY TO HIGHLIGHT A CERTAIN WORD OR PHRASE, MAYBE FOR EMPHASIS, IF SOMEONE GOES OVERBOARD WITH IT I SAY WALK THE PLANK SO TO SPEAK.

I agree OP. If one looks at my opening paragraph without actually reading it, they might assume it's a rant or worse.

But if one uses it as a header on its own line before typing it can be visually appealing imo. Off topic but another thing that irks me is when someone sends an email in all caps lock. Even if it's a lighthearted conversation, it doesn't add much impact.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

i'm really loud irl. i saw this thread and was like...i'm sorry. I know my voice carries obnoxiously and that I'm really loud and therefore annoying :3

but then i saw you were talking about those CAPSLOCK 4 LYFE THUGGIN' warriors and I felt better ^_^

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
HAVE YOU THOUGHT THAT PERHAPS WE'RE NOT SHOUTING? FOR INSTANCE I'M JUST WEARING HEADPHONES!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join