It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Postal Carriers Union Journal Postal Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I work as a "Mail Man", and randomly got a newsletter from the union. The image, and the words speak for themselves. What type of message are they trying to send to us.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

I assume they're playing on the Walking Dead fandom to make a point about something that needs to change for the future to work out, in a way that people might take interest in.

Do you have any info other than the cover picture? Like the actual article?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sure reminds me of "The Postman". Maybe we will all have the opportunity to be a "mail man" soon.. Like Ford Lincoln Mercury!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Couldn't it also be the horrible financial state the Postal Service is in and pointing to how the post office , as most people know it, could be at risk.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The article is about competitions/drones doing our jobs as far as package delivery goes. I just thought the picture itself was a bit dramatic. As it is portraying an apocalypse. Goes as bit far, and in my eyes goes further than the article. Letter delivery will always be ours, but packages are anybodies game.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Technology is taking job away faster than the illegal aliens ever could. I hope you don't get replaced by a drone in any foreseeable future. I talk to my mailman daily and he's a great guy. I would hate to see him go.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

A friend of mine in the U.K is a mail man he used to be in the sorting side of it for 15 years but has gone on the rounds again as he was told that tens of thousands of jobs will go due to the sell of of royal mail and the change to mechanization .

Another friend busts his gut delivering parcels in a remote area for £ 0.80 $ 1.00 per parcel and usingg his own van petrol etc when the minimum wage here is £ 6-8 per hour

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Well parcels are a different ballgame. Look at the address deliver. Easy as pie. Those wages are very low though. Seems like almost slave labor. Sorting is fully automated in the US. The bigger stuff still has to be cased by hand though. Smaller sorting offices are getting closed down. My office is about to lose 43 people due to this.

I have always been told people get laid off a lot in the post office, but carriers will always have a job. Carriers never get laid off (knock on wood). I'm working 6 days a week 10 hour days.

Best thing about overtime in the post office is. Anything over 8 hours is time and a half. Anything over 10 is double time. Also anything over 40 is combined with that in overtime.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

The people are what make the job great. There is no shortness of respect, and kindness from the public. Heck ever the cops give you a friendly wave and smile.

top topics

join