It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone met their "Twin Flames" or "Soul Mates"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
A Twin Flame is a little different than a Soul Mate in that it literally is your "twin"...your other have of your soul...while a Soul Mate is someone you made a contract with to get together here on earth.

So how is the relationship going if think you met your Twin or soul mate?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: blufo

I don't really believe in this stuff but my relationship fits the description. Twelve years and not a single argument or negative thought. All through raising kids and building a really complex house without plans. We are so alike it is odd but it makes sense, after all who would fight with themselves?

And it does feel like we're twins now I think about it.

edit on 8-2-2015 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I like that. I look at it this way. I got to really know someone. Every flaw on both parts are a given and forgiving.
I like that you have no negative thoughts.

You know how one can complain about their significant other to say... a buddy.
I could NEVER do this. I have so much love and respect. I would feel terrible.
My twin/flame/soul mate....would/does get absolute communication. If I can't say it to their face. I plane just don't say it. ( to be honest. There has never been anything, that could not be said).

On that note. I consider it an absolute blessing to find that special one. Never say its perfect! It's those little bits that make a love one perfect. I could go on forever.
But I don't think I could ever back stab someone I truly love.
edit on 8-2-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I think there is a misconception on what the twin flame actually is nowadays. The spirit spouse was the soul mate in a spiritual setting and a divine marraige of these intergating opposits (symbolised by a star tetrahedron) was the true meaning.

Here is a link to a paper on the subject, I would post some of the info in a quote bracket but I can't copy from the page....

www.academia.edu...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: blufoI've been with my twin flame for 10 years this year. He is my male half. I feel such a peace in my heart. It's the same feeling as coming home after a very long trip. We say the most random stuff at the same time. I can look in his eyes and know exactly what he's thinking. We don't fight or argue and we have a nice little life. Not a whole lot of money and we live in a tiny house with our little Ginger kitty. But I would rather live in a shack with a man I loved than a mansion with a man I couldn't stand.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I don't know if I believe in a "soul mate", but I do think there are people on the planet that complement me in a way as to enable more self-exploration and growth, spiritually, emotionally and mentally, than I would if I were with someone else.

I am married to one of those people and have been for 22 years. We push each other's buttons, are weak where the other is strong, we understand each other on a level that I didn't think existed. It's incredible. We're more in love than ever and are very best friends. We rarely argue at all anymore, though we have different opinions on some things. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I do wish he was independently wealthy, though. LOL!
edit on 2/8/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I got mine. We work together. Two halves of a whole. I won't say we never get irritated with each other, but it's very rare. And we've almost never gotten to the fight stage and those have never lasted. Almost 20 years.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I would say I have met my twin flame, and unlike some of the above posters, yes we do argue, but we also know how to quickly diffuse them because we both see each others side of it. I fight and argue with myself, so it would (seem to) be impossible to find someone in this world that I didn't fight and argue with. To me it is more about whether we let them escalate into something terrible or know how to TALK and get through it.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby
To me it is more about whether we let them escalate into something terrible or know how to TALK and get through it.

Agree! One of the things I value most about my relationship is that we can start to feel disagreeable and stop and think... OK. what buttons are being pushed here and am I reacting to what he MEANS or something from my childhood that my father once said? More often than not, it's the latter and the "fight" is diffused immediately.

new topics

top topics

join