It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question about aramids specifically ones made out of carbon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
now this is crazy i had a dream last night that i was a scientist working on protective gloves specifically and i found that a material called carbon aramid was partically useful to weave into the fabric i also found the same material was usefull in making super strong concrete. now as i stated i am not a materials expert in any shape or fashion. i haven't every to my knowledge ever heard of aramid fibers this all came from a dream last night . what do you guys think could there be real world applications for a fiber made out of carbon? or was i just having an ihop fueld dream?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Carbon fibre all ready exists. a reply to: proteus33

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Aramids are not carbon fibers, they are a family of polymers, aromatic polymaides as kevlar and many more strong fibers.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Not so crazy.

Watson & Crick's discovery of DNA was helped along by a dream.

Einstein did "thought experiments".

Why not you being a 'dream' materials scientist?

I'd say next time you are in that dream, make a point of getting enough stuff together to patent.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I would imagine you might have heard the term on TV or something and even though you maybe weren't paying attention, it got into your dream.

My dream subjects are almost always something I saw or did in the preceding days.
edit on 8-2-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

top topics

join