It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange orange snow falls over Russian city of Saratov (VID)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
from Mysterious Universe and Unexplained Mysteries

The Russian city of Saratov ended up painted orange this week as tinted snowflakes fell from the heavens.

Residents were left perplexed and concerned when they awoke to find that their neighborhood had been covered in a dusting of orange flakes with some areas also reporting snow that exhibited more of a yellowish tinge.

Some raised concerns over the possibility of radiation poisoning or that the snow contained some sort of harmful chemicals while others ended up seeking medical attention because they believed the strange coloring was down to a problem with their eyesight.

Fortunately however the phenomenon turned out to have a harmless explanation - the orange color was actually the result of sand from the Sahara being brought to Russia by a cyclone.

So its SAND!?! Its a plausible explanation BUT I bet it was unnerving for the residents of that area. Nature never ceases to amaze.

edit on 2/7/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Sand made the orange snow, but what....made the yellow snow!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I thought that it had a connection with this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Unnerving?

I'm pretty sure life would be way cooler if we had multicolored snow & rain all the time. People going to the doctor to have their eyesight checked is absolutely pathetic. Any change to the status quo sends people in a tailspin. I would welcome something like this.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well it is maybe "out of time" but we get at least once per year, if i remember correctly, some sahara sandstorm in middle-eastern-europe, pretty far up north...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Well it is maybe "out of time" but we get at least once per year,

We get it too, at least once a year around the late spring.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

why does that sound so dirty when you say it and so innocently sweet and sunshine-y when i do?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Them Saharans must really love the Russians! Sounds kinda funny. Too bad it don't taste like an orange Julius ice cream bar.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Dang, I just thought I knew that face!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Saharan dust layer overflying Russia?
This isn't related to the Earths poles moving thing right?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower
No it isn't related.It has to do with weather, not geomagnetism. And it is not unheard of.

A low-pressure trough extending from the Canary Islands to northern Scotland on 8–10 October 2001 initiated the northward transport of Saharan dust. On 11–12 October a low was present west of Morocco and a high was located over northern Africa and the Mediterranean Sea as shown in Figure 1 (top) for the 700-hPa pressure level (center height of the dust plumes over Europe). This stable weather pattern, which is visible in all weather charts up to the 500 hPa level (5500 m height), caused a massive export of dust from the Sahara to Europe.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Greetings Phage ! My old friend , in your expert opinion what do you think this is ?

thanks

Kap

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Dust from the Sahara.

Old friend? You've been here for less than a week.

edit on 2/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Dust from the Sahara.

lol

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Dust from the Sahara.

lol

with ya...lololol. Its amusing how the explanation is right in the story YET the questions arise as if no words were there.
edit on 2/7/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Dust from the Sahara.

yes old friend , lets just keep it at that
not everything is as it seems

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
For any weather nerds, here is the surface analysis for February 3. It's a little hard to read but what stands out is the low over the Med to the south of France and the one over northern Europe with a trough and another low over western Russia. Note the ridge running from Spain to Scandinavia. It's pretty much the same pattern discussed in the article I linked but shifted to the east. That low (cyclone) over the Med started pulling the dust north and it continued to the northeast, pulled by the trough and other lows.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Perfect. Thanks you for finishing this for us LOGICALLY.lol ... as usual Phage.

new topics

top topics

join