It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

awesome drone flight through Pripyat (with video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
link here

This guy took a small rover to Pripyat and recorded some awesome footage. There is a video at the bottom of the page. Mother nature is taking back what's hers.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bugger! Wont play on my tablet, have check it out on pc tomorrow, my bed wont let me get out!!
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: billyvonhelvete
Bugger! Wont play on my tablet, have check it out on pc tomorrow, my bed wont let me get out!!
All the best.
B. V. H
no worries lol I know that feeling. Quite an enchanting video.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
There are videos on Youtube of people who have gotten in. There are guards that patrol and look for such intruders, but not enough to be effective. There are even tours that one can take into the area. The radiation is not dangerous anymore, at least not out in the open. Once you start getting into the woods and foliate the radiation will increase, but it is not too bad in most areas, like the buildings and whatnot. I watched a guy who spent multiple nights there, all alone, in one of the tall abandoned buildings. You can hear the wolves howling at night. Pretty cool stuff. It is hard to be impressed by the video in this thread once you have watched the video I am referring to.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
There are videos on Youtube of people who have gotten in. There are guards that patrol and look for such intruders, but not enough to be effective. There are even tours that one can take into the area. The radiation is not dangerous anymore, at least not out in the open. Once you start getting into the woods and foliate the radiation will increase, but it is not too bad in most areas, like the buildings and whatnot. I watched a guy who spent multiple nights there, all alone, in one of the tall abandoned buildings. You can hear the wolves howling at night. Pretty cool stuff. It is hard to be impressed by the video in this thread once you have watched the video I am referring to.

Could you get a link for it? Sounds well worth watching. I wouldn't go in there unarmed specifically because of the animals. (Or maybe I watched Chernobyl Diaries
) joking aside I think it would be quite an experience.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
That is haunting. Appreciate you posting it.

Thing is, nature would have reclaimed what was hers a lot sooner and faster if she hadn't been so damaged too and had n't had so much self-healing to do before the reclaimation could begin.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
That is haunting. Appreciate you posting it.

Thing is, nature would have reclaimed what was hers a lot sooner and faster if she hadn't been so damaged too and had n't had so much self-healing to do before the reclaimation could begin.
yep. We're a pollutant on this planet.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Beautiful and creepy. I wish I was immune to radiation. That place would be a squatters heaven.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Kind of sad and creepy, but at the same time beautiful and reassuring to see mother nature taking back what was once hers. We humans and the damage we cause are just a blip on the radar of time.

new topics

top topics

join