It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'tall fishermans tale'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't know if what I am about to tell you has any substance what so ever, but I liked it.

Today a high level US Military source told me never to eat the fish here in Baghdad. I laughed and replied that that went without saying as something like 98% of the 5 million populations raw sewerage is discharged straight into the Tigris.

He looked puzzled and replied that that was one reason, but the main one was due to the wood pulp mill. He went on to tell me that in north Baghdad there was a wood pulp mill on the banks of the Tigris, which during Sadams reign was used as an interogation centre by his intelligence and secret police services. Allegedly around about 100,000 persons went into this center and were never seen again.

When the war ended the mill was searched and it became very apparent that the pulping machine had been used for disposing of those who were a threat to the dictators power base. The pulping machine was removed and is now being stored as an exhibit for Sadams impending trial.

In the seach for WMD's fish have been taken fom the Tigris had analysed for the toxins associated with such weapons. Well, as we all now know, no evidence has been found not only in the fish, but anywhere else.

HOWEVER

What they did find odd about the fish were that their cells contained mutant DNA which closely resembles that of humans. It would appear that decades of being exposed to and feeding on 'pulped human' has made the fish in the Tirgis very distant cousins!

As I said at the begining 'a load of old tosh' but I liked it. The story teller also kept a straight face throughout, which impressed me no end. remind me to never play poker with this guy!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Does anyone know of any studies that would lend credence of refute this?

I know mad cow is a form of a disease in human canibals. Could there be a disease that would result from the feeding of humans to another animal and then humans eating that animal? There would almost certainly have to be a disease that would result. Although I guess this would be very hard to test, which lends one to believe it is false......but who knows....gross either way.

Brings Solvent Green to a whole new level.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Heres another fish story and the facts behind it are true as it was my fish that started the story.
Its not a very dramitic story but does show how each person who hears a story adds on just a little more to make it even better .
I was in middle school and went fishing at the school pond after school one day and cought a 15 inch bass .well the next morning when I got to school I told a friend in hopes hed go with me the next time.
about 200 230 pm just befor school let out another guy I know comes up a precedes to tell me about this 38inch 25# bass someone cought out of the school pond yesterday .I must admit at this point I was having a realy hard time holding in the laughter

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure I buy into the DNA thing, but it wouldn't suprise me if Saddam was feeding the fish his enemies.

Reminds me of the story in B.C. Canada where a local pig farmer turned out to be a serial murderer & they only found littles bits & pieces because he fed all the people to his pigs. What's really sick is most of the pigs that ate the people have since been eaten by people. Our press here made sure we were told that that peticular farms products was only consumed locally near the farm, but you have to wonder if that was just aa slick PR campaign to keep us buying their products. Canadian bacon anyone?Pig farmer
2nd link for backup

[edit on 15-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
yeah, pigs are often used for that sort of thing. Ever see snatch? Or Hannibal?

top topics

join