It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we judged so harshly?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IngyBall
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

So your going to use a movie to to prove a point of my generations being stupid? Well keep saying negative things about my generation, you'll get two options. You'll either reap what you sow, or you will just motivate us, your choice.

It's sad, I might be the youngest person on ATS, which means everyone will disagree with me. By the way, I might not look like the healthiest person, but I eat extremely healthy because if I kept eating the trash available I would probably be dead already.

I really appreciate it when kids actually do something and make something of themselves, but these new generations are a mess. I think I can lay much of the blame on today's and future states of affairs on the government and education system. This feel good, can't offend anybody and dumbing down crap will really take us over the edge. The sexual orientation garbage doesn't help either, especially when in our case anyway, the deputy minister of education is now a convicted pedophile who developed the "new" sex-ed format with our present premier who is a lesbian. WTF is wrong with society? It's tail-wag-dog, the 2 or 3% control the agenda for the other 97 or 98%.

Seems to me there was an agenda there, making "sexual grooming" for ped's and lesbians more important than critical thinking.

If someone sits in a room in the dark and can't see anything, they will never know what anything looks like. I guess that's something like the parable/story of the blind men and the elephant, all describing what they could feel and all being wrong. Kids these days really have to take the bull by the horns themselves, because the education system isn't going to help you, it will feed you junk and let you sit in the dark with only their dysfunctional answers for the dystopian reality they have created. And quite honestly, there is no virtue in being sane in an insane world. Fortunately, in some cases parents can help, if they have the time and again are motivated enough to want to see their child excel, but they have to undo the damage created by the system.

We were lucky, I had the time and taught my son math and computers (manners, respect, compassion, etc.) early, starting at around 4 years old. It got to the point that in grade 2 to 8 he was accused of cheating multiple times, because he could do the tests all in his head (only to about 6 digits though), without a calculator and faster than the teacher with a calculator. We sorted those idiots out in the school toot suite and he finished his college in the upper 10% (3.87/4.00), which was consistent throughout his entire time in schools. So, you have to have that kind of training, but you also have to be motivated enough to do it yourself if you have to.

When I look at how lazy, self centred and sexually dysfunctional kids are these days, personally, I don't have a lot of hope. I know kids that are so used to velcro, they can't even tie up shoelaces, some can't even read an analogue watch. I know kids that if you ask them to spell something, they try to type it into their smartphone and see if they can figure out the right spelling by using spellcheck. I know kids that can't put three sentences together to form a coherent thought/idea. I know kids who would rather make money by spitting out babies rather than actually do something with their lives. I know kids who will stand right beside each other and type on their cell phones, just so that can type LOL, when you can see they aren't LOL'ing. There are a lot of idiots in the world under 30, bred by and relying on government for every tiny little thought in their tiny little brains (tiny and little because brains do experience atrophy when they aren't used).

Am I harsh? Damn right! Am I concerned about the future and these wasted generations? Damn right! But there are a few shining stars out there, unfortunately way too few.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/27.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

That's a terribly scary thought. Take Nurse Ratched, combine in Idiocracy and people will be leaping to their own deaths in droves to avoid what could be. Who would want to survive life only to wind up in that horrid nightmare?!

I might have a bit of trouble sleeping tonight just thinking about it.

All I know is I'll be dead before it gets to that point and if I am reincarnated....

I just thought about this for a second, I'm not getting reincarnated, it will be far to stupid a planet to have to suffer. I don't want to come back as an idiot or someone being taken care of by an idiot.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just wait OP. When you get older and the generations behind you start to mature, you will see it. They will be sure that there is nothing wrong with them and that they are fully formed and wise beyond their years. And you will understand that you were that way too, and a tiny part of you will understand that while you may have your head screwed on straight, you still are not sprung fully formed in life experience. And that part of you will experience the same shame that rest of us almost certainly felt once we realized it.

Age brings wisdom and no amount of having your head screwed on straight can replace that.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IngyBall

If people judge others so harshly, then imagine how they judge themselves in their mind. They probably have so many insecurities.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join