It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian stabs up to 10 people in Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Palestinian stabbed up to 10 people

A Palestinian man stabbed up to 10 people on a commuter bus in central Tel Aviv on Wednesday before he was shot in the leg by a prison security officer as he tried to escape, police said.

A doctor at Tel Aviv's Ichilov hospital told Army Radio that seven people had been admitted for treatment, four of whom were seriously hurt.

"Shortly after he boarded the bus, the assailant stabbed the driver several times but there was an excellent response from him as he resisted the attack and in this way the terrorist was stunned," Sau told reporters at the scene.

The stabbing was the latest in a string of incidents in the past few months at a time of heightened tension between Palestinians and Israelis, particularly in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

It's a shame when such a small piece of land has to be continually fought over for quite literally generations upon generations. It doesn't matter who started it, or the why, just the fact that here today they are STILL fighting for it.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
First, it was 9. Now it's 10.
I will refrain from making a wise-crack involving Jews.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

I appreciate the refrain. I'm sad either side continues this battle after so long. You would think after so many dang years of this, they would tire of it eventually and say no more. I guess today is proof they aren't tired enough yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
in reading these types of stories, the first thing that comes to my mind is a song by tom waits, "road to peace"

The fundamentalist killing on both sides is standing in the path of peace
But tell me why are we arming the Israeli army with guns and tanks and bullets?
And if God is great and God is good why can't he change the hearts of men?
Well maybe God himself is lost and needs help
Maybe God himself he needs all of our help
Maybe God himself is lost and needs help
He's out upon the road to peace

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

A Palestinian man stabbed up to 10 people on a commuter bus in central Tel Aviv on Wednesday before he was shot in the leg by a prison security officer as he tried to escape, police said.

A doctor at Tel Aviv's Ichilov hospital told Army Radio that seven people had been admitted for treatment, four of whom were seriously hurt.

"Shortly after he boarded the bus, the assailant stabbed the driver several times but there was an excellent response from him as he resisted the attack and in this way the terrorist was stunned," Sau told reporters at the scene.

The stabbing was the latest in a string of incidents in the past few months at a time of heightened tension between Palestinians and Israelis, particularly in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

It's a shame when such a small piece of land has to be continually fought over for quite literally generations upon generations. It doesn't matter who started it, or the why, just the fact that here today they are STILL fighting for it.

The title is incorrect, the event took place in Tel Aviv not Jerusalem... Probably the misunderstanding came from the beginning of the article which was put out by Reuters in Jerusalem.

It looks like the injury count is up to 13 now.

LINK

Thankfully nobody was killed. The other thing that stuck me, was that this 22 year old man decided to throw away his life - and for what? The chance to kill or injure a few Israeli's? He's lucky he wasn't killed... As it is he will likely spend many years in prison.

And of course, Hamas praises this attack on innocent civilians:

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Not sure what the Palestinians trying to achieve here.
What is there to be gained from stabbing a bunch of civilians in the most left winged city in Israel?
I mean how stupid can you be?? It is obvious that the consequences will be a lot worse for the Palestinians.
In addition, these kind of terror attacks only helping Bibi to get re elected. Then again, this is exactly what the Palestinian terror organizations want...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

originally posted by: Anyafaj

The title is incorrect, the event took place in Tel Aviv not Jerusalem... Probably the misunderstanding came from the beginning of the article which was put out by Reuters in Jerusalem.

It looks like the injury count is up to 13 now.

LINK

Thankfully nobody was killed. The other thing that stuck me, was that this 22 year old man decided to throw away his life - and for what? The chance to kill or injure a few Israeli's? He's lucky he wasn't killed... As it is he will likely spend many years in prison.

And of course, Hamas praises this attack on innocent civilians:

www.ynetnews.com...

Sadly you are correct that he will/was praised. And of course by praising, you know more will step up to take his place and commit similar acts. Ugh!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
Not sure what the Palestinians trying to achieve here.
What is there to be gained from stabbing a bunch of civilians in the most left winged city in Israel?
I mean how stupid can you be?? It is obvious that the consequences will be a lot worse for the Palestinians.
In addition, these kind of terror attacks only helping Bibi to get re elected. Then again, this is exactly what the Palestinian terror organizations want...

Not to mention didn't he just begin his campaign of tearing down the houses of terrorists again? So of course this young man's family will be homeless thanks to his actions, and of course, this will pi** off more Palestinian, who will feel righteous in revenge for the tearing down of his house, and of course, the cycle will continue.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
More like mossad creating another excuse for israel to carry out more airstrikes in gaza ...
edit on 21/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

More like mossad creating another excuse for israel to carry out more airstrikes in gaza ...

Here we go... Palestinians are saints... Mosad probably did it...
Go ahead and put your theory up there with "Pepsi a Zionist acronym".
Same BS every time...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Another ignorant and stupid response, not unexpected from many people here on ATS. According to people like you it is always Israeli's/Jews killing Israeli's/Jews because of their ultimate evil that you see in them? It is never Palestinians or Muslims, only Israeli's and/or Jews!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Pretty insensitive reply. Even one person murdered is horrible.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

Here we go... Palestinians are saints... Mosad probably did it...
Go ahead and put your theory up there with "Pepsi a Zionist acronym".
Same BS every time...

I agree. " isreal is evil...the Palestinians have never done anything wrong".....deny ignorance my butt.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

You reap what you sow.

You keep erasing Palestine to build Greater Zion, and this is what you get.

In the end, Jews will run once again on mass toward their capital, all the illegal settlements will burn.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This is the face of the "Palestinian resistance" :

F***ing coward... wish I could get my hands on this animal...
Funny thing is that the implications for the Palestinian people can be a lot worse than stabbing wounds... stupid idiot!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Double posted for some reason...
edit on 22-1-2015 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

top topics

join