It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDLE chief forced to step down by Florida's Governor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Former Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner Gerald Bailey has gone on record to say he was forced out by Rick Scott for a variety of reasons. Bailey has gone on record to say that Rick Scott wanted him to target an individual among other questionable requests by the governor. Many of us believe he was forced to replaced by someone who will follow Rick Scott's unlawful orders.

If these allegations are true, Florida needs to remove Mr. Scott from office in my opinion.

Ousted FDLE chief raises new allegations about meddling by Gov. Rick Scott, aides

TALLAHASSEE — Ousted Florida Department of Law Enforcement commissioner Gerald Bailey claims he resisted repeated efforts by Gov. Rick Scott and his top advisers to falsely name someone a target in a criminal case, hire political allies for state jobs and intercede in an outside investigation of a prospective Scott appointee

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What's that? Government corruption abusing the untouchable police force to harass the citizens?

Never would have guessed it...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The police in the US has a public perception problem already.

Here we have a good cop who did not want to play ball with the governor.

I suppose this is politics.

I find it a bit insane that the masses are not outraged by such a blatant abuse of power.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: lordcomac

The police in the US has a public perception problem already.

Here we have a good cop who did not want to play ball with the governor.

I suppose this is politics.

I find it a bit insane that the masses are not outraged by such a blatant abuse of power.

Not sure if I'd call it politics, but it is certainly some BS.
+1 to the guy for fighting it, but not going along with the corruption has cost him his livelihood.

You find it insane that the masses are not outraged- but the masses will never even hear about it. I know a guy who lives there- I bet he's never heard of either of these people.

If the people were somehow granted an understanding of the level of corruption in their local, state, federal, or world governments- if they only knew what was going on, and *why* they had to work two jobs to keep themselves fed and clothed, I have no doubt that there would be world wide rioting in the streets within the hour.

But that doesn't do well to maintain the status quo, so they will never know. In most places, what the people know and think is an engineered product, bought and paid for by the fruits of their own labor- they just don't know it.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Former Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner Gerald Bailey has gone on record to say he was forced out by Rick Scott for a variety of reasons. Bailey has gone on record to say that Rick Scott wanted him to target an individual among other questionable requests by the governor. Many of us believe he was forced to replaced by someone who will follow Rick Scott's unlawful orders.

If these allegations are true, Florida needs to remove Mr. Scott from office in my opinion.

Ousted FDLE chief raises new allegations about meddling by Gov. Rick Scott, aides

TALLAHASSEE — Ousted Florida Department of Law Enforcement commissioner Gerald Bailey claims he resisted repeated efforts by Gov. Rick Scott and his top advisers to falsely name someone a target in a criminal case, hire political allies for state jobs and intercede in an outside investigation of a prospective Scott appointee

I feel the same way about the IRS targeting of specific groups and the people in charge of it should all be removed from office.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

No, this is a bit different than the IRS scandal. Who was in charge of the IRS scandal? (if you say Obama then you will need to have some evidence to back that claim up)

Here we have proof of governor Rick Scott's abuse of power and disregard for laws and ethics.

top topics

join