It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hand; Someone Else's Hand?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I wasnt sure where to put this but I guess its a medical issue?

Two days ago I was sitting on the bus on my way home when I felt someone grab two fingers on my left hand, there was nobody I could see around me so I looked down thinking it was some little kid, as they sometimes grab adults hands by the fingers. I looked at my hand and it was curled up in a rather odd way--with two fingers holding the other two, but I could only feel 2, not all 4. I tried to undo this but I couldnt move the 2 holding the other 2 right away, its kind of felt like someone else had control of half of my hand?

Does anyone know what might cause this?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Freaky.... Here is a Harvard Med write up I just saw. Sounds similar to the odd shape you described.

text source

From article:

"A: What you describe sounds like carpal spasm. Spasms, or cramps, are involuntary muscle contractions. The most common causes of spasms are overused muscles (in the hands that might be due to writing or typing) and dehydration. Other causes of muscle cramping include low levels of calcium and magnesium.

Another possibility is that you have carpal tunnel syndrome, which occurs when the nerves in the wrist are compressed. Typical symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome include pain in the wrist and tingling and numbness in the fingers, but hand spasms may also occur. Spasms in other areas of your body, such as the upper arm, neck or face, suggest an underlying neurological problem.

A third possibility is writer’s cramp, also called musician’s cramp. It is a spasmodic contraction of the muscles of the hand and forearm. The fingers may suddenly freeze up, dramatically affecting the ability to write or play an instrument. Some golfers experience contractions of the hand while putting, a phenomenon that’s been nicknamed “the yips.”

Talk to your doctor if the cramps occur often. If he or she can't find a specific cause, focus on drinking enough water and stretching your fingers periodically."

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Well, I will throw a guess out there and say any one or combination of the following factors: cold weather, muscle tension, issues with blood circulation, and lastly the possibility of a entity attempting to make contact with you.

I am thinking more blood circulation kind of like the way your foot falls alseep? or sometimes a whole arm or leg. So you were in the cold, not realizing the way you had your fingers, and the shift in blood circulation made two of your fingers go numb. And then a ghost said wussup.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Get a nerve conduction test. My fingers were doing much the same before I had carpal tunnel surgery. They didn't curl over each other, but would close on their own and sometimes twitch. Spasms in the palm of my hand were pretty frequent also.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'll go along with Mandroid7's post above. It's either in the signaling or possibly a problem with either calcium or magnesium imbalance. The signalling could be a result of Carpal Tunnel or even a pinched nerve in the shoulder or elbow. Did you happen to have a sore neck from sleeping wrong? That will also do it as will a headache sometimes.

I've had carpal Tunnel problems, had surgery on one hand ten years ago which did go well. But I wouldn't be worrying about that right away, there are many reasons for this kind of thing. Sometimes they are a one time event and may never come back.

I don't think you were shaking hands with the devil but I could be wrong

edit on 17-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I completely forgot I wrote this thread...

A cramp was what I thought, its summer here and we are getting days over 40C so lost of salts would cause cramps, but it wasnt painful like other cramps. Its on my left hand and I write with my right, I dont know how that works with writers cramp. (It did happen after a 2 hour exam, but again I write with the other hand).

Carpel tunnel was something I never considered, yes there is numbness in my pinky, but this has existed for a while... Also I dont fly often (last time was in 2011, time before that was 1993) and isnt that one of the causes??

Thanks for the info guys, I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday (Monday is Australia day and everyone is going to be too drunk). I'll see what my doc says.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
A cramp was what I thought, its summer here and we are getting days over 40C so lost of salts would cause cramps, but it wasnt painful like other cramps. Its on my left hand and I write with my right, I dont know how that works with writers cramp. (

new topics

top topics

join