It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrated NASA Scientist killed in Plane crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I recently was made aware of the death of the NASA scientist Alberto Behar, who worked on the MARS rover mission. I find it intruiging that this man would die during a time where the conspiracies towards all the Raw Mars pictures are so prevalent. All the damage seems to be to the engine bay and cockpit, the wings seems fine. Could this be a way of shutting up someone on the Mars Rover team?

I presented an earlier thread that got shut down and cited as a hoax, even though I still stand by the original Mars Raw image clearly showing a carved face on a rock. This I present as one example of a Raw image with a possible proof of previous life on the red planet.

So ATS am I just jumping to conclusions here or could this be a conspiracy to hide the truth?

I was having trouble embedding the pictures on the thread so I have provided the links below.

Crash photo: www.trbimg.com...
News article: www.nydailynews.com...

As a side note - "A Lancair is catalogued as "experimental" not because it is out of the ordinary or because it's not capable, but because it belongs to a vast category of light aircraft that are not certified by the FAA."
edit on 15-1-2015 by Downturn because: edited title

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Downturn

Thats just too bad.

Another little fact to toss into the mix, ive checked personally, experimental aircraft to not require pilots licenses.
At least not at my local airports experimental aircraft section. Anyone can build and fly it themselves.

I didn't see any mention of him having a license in the article

Perfect cove, an unlicensed pilots death in an experimental aircraft. Who is gonna argue anything against those two strikes?

Hey this is ATS

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The best thing for you to do is put a question mark in the title...

Or this could end up in the hoax bin.

That aside...
It's possible.

The thing is with these light aircraft is that in a lot of their crashes people do actually survive...

Of course there are fatalities, but I personally have read an equal amount of survival/fatal light aircraft cases that kinda puts my mind into the "it's not a fool proof assassination" when so many other methods are available.

Flight data & weather will have to be scrutinised before you can say what your title says...
So again I'd advise you put a question mark in at the end!

edit on 15-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

"Celebrated NASA Scientist killed"

Well he was killed.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Question mark or not, the poor guy is dead, I just hope it is an unfortunate accident, although it is nice that people can still do things without some alphabet jerk screwing it up, maybe the poor guy just forgot one little detail....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

thank you, I edited the title.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Good point on the license, I didnt think about that. Its the same way here when it comes to light aricraft.

Two strikes indeed......

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

From the daily news link in the OP…

The craft was licensed to Alberto Behar Consulting LLC and determined airworthy in 1996, FAA registry data shows, but its latest status had been listed as “in question.”

So theres that.

The photo is also revealing…

The plane came down in one piece and didn't burn. A good sign it was an accident. If it had been a "hit", there would most likely be a fire to cover the evidence. I don't know what the autopsy or wreckage revealed…

edit on 15-1-2015 by intrptr because: wrong link

link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

murder, cause the death of, take/end the life of, do away with, make away with, assassinate, do to death, eliminate, terminate, dispatch, finish off, put to death, execute.

In all fairness... It doesn't say "Killed in Plane Crash"...

To me it implied he was done away with for being a Nasa scientist, & that is elaborated in the OP.

I was just trying to help the OP keep this out of the hoax or LOL forum.

link   

The fact that he worked at JPL and on the Mars rover project are risk factors for him to be eliminated for knowing stuff. "Experimental" aircraft can be a bit sketchy, and to see one crumpled up on the streets of downtown LA wont be a shock to anyone, but i consider it plausible that he was killed intentionally.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Yes indeed and also What is an EXPERIMENTAL aircraft... doing anywhere near a civilian airport that operates 1200 flight a day?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Experimental doesn't mean the same thing you think it does, when related to private aircraft. To be classified as Experimental, the owner has to assemble 51% of the aircraft, at the time of building. Then once it's built, it undergoes an airworthiness inspection by a certified inspector. Most people that build Experimentals build them with assistance from the manufacturer of the aircraft, as well as certified mechanics. The only requirement is that the owner complete the assembly.

There are a lot of experimental aircraft flying around, going in and out of major airports, every day without problems.
edit on 1/15/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sorry I should have been more specific. In my city we havea smaller Airport designated withint the city limits for smaller private or experimental aircraft, as well there are 2 small airports just outside the city limits with private hangers and runways exactly for this purpose.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Most airports don't. Almost all airports treat Experimentals exactly the same as every other airport, and they fly in and out of them just like a "regular" aircraft. LA barely has enough room for LAX, and airports nearby are under risk of being closed because of noise. Some areas have smaller airports nearby that fly smaller planes out of, but that's the exception not the rule in most areas.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ahh ok, thats good to know thank you
so now I know my city is an anomaly.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

74 NASA scientists have died in 2 years according to this article: www.ufointernation... alproject.com/latest-news/another-dead-nasa-scientist-seventy-four-scientists-dead-in-2-years/

Wonder what kind of odds that is - how many people does NASA even employ? It would be interesting to find out if there was a purge going on or if these are all explainable deaths (aka not a conspiracy
)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I couldn't make your link to UFOInformation work, so I can't comment on any of the 74 deaths referenced there. I did, however, find information on the NASA budget summarized here . It looks like NASA had around 19,000 direct employees, and about 60,000 contractors in 2012, for a total work force of 79,000.

If we just look at direct employees, 79 deaths over 2 years in a population of 19,000 doesn't seem high. I grew up in a rural Missouri county with a total population of about half that, and there were enough deaths to keep 3 funeral homes in business.

If we look at direct employees + contractors, that's 1 death per thousand in two years....which means NASA has discovered a major breakthrough in human longevity, as it's well below the mortality rate for any non-NASA population I can think of.

join