It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Vigilante Justice Be Justified?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
A bad person would be one as defined by the law such as a molestor, killer, rapist etc.

EXACTLY! that is EXACTLY my point! A bad (for lack of a better word, and since you are using it also) person is one defined BY THE LAW as a molestor, etc...

defined by the law, NOT BY YOU.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You missed my point.

This is how it would work under my "idea".

Joe Schmo finds out Buddy King down the road is a drug lord, yet the police cannot catch him since they do not have hard enough evidence. Joe kills him.

Police arrest Joe, they find out that Buddy was a drug lord, they fine him but they do not try him for murder.

That would be acceptable.

No to calm your fears if Buddy turned out to be clean, then natuarlly he would be tried for murder. My vigilante justice idea has a backdrop for the law, its not an pseudo-anarcho one.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
but if it turns out that Buddy King was innocent, he is still dead. nothing will change that. Are you telling me that you are actually advocating a return to the Salem withhunt-style justice where you carry out the sentence before the trial? Good god!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
No, I am saying that if someone, with justified reason and evidence by the law, kills someone who would be deemed by the law as a bad person, then he/she would not be tried for murder but receive a lighter sentance. But if they go out and kill someone who would be deemed by the law as a good persont hen he/she would go to jail.

I am not saying let people do the job of the cops, but that sometimes a person killing a person deemed by the law as bad can be justified.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I am not saying let people do the job of the cops, but that sometimes a person killing a person deemed by the law as bad can be justified.

You are partially right here. It is right if the person is an immediate threat to you our your family then yes you are justified. But to kill someone who MIGHT at a future date sell someone something that some where down the road MIGHT cause them them to commit a crime is not. Would not the person that sold him the gun? How about the guy that sold him the ammo? How about the pharmacist that sold him the needles? Can you PROVE that he would not have committed the crime if it wasn't for the dope?

If you have proof of the crimes being committed then I suggest you take it to the police, informants are paid money for stuff like that, if you are willing to wear a wire you can make a nice little sum and help clear the streets at the same time. If, of course, you don't get shot.

I am glad you aren't planing to do this stuff your self, I done some work for Bail Bondsmen (Bounty Hunting) and even we did not go in with both guns blazing thats only in the movies. And then we had a Personal target that was already charged with crimes.

I am sorry that you feel intimidated to go out after 7PM with no sarcasm at all could I suggest taking some Martial Arts training and apply for a concealed Weapon permit. I suggest Go-ju-ru Karate as a very straight forward powerful style and would tend to shy away from certain forms and schools that offer "Black belts" within a certain length of time. For the Gun I myself prefer the 45 as a carried weapon and a sawed off 12 gauge Pump for at home, be sure to check the laws in your state for restrictions on weapons.

If you would like U2U me and I will go a bit more in depth than I would on the Board.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i am all for vigilante justice. the cops can't do their jobs because of too full prisons and judges who just throw criminals back onto the streets with no consequences for their actions. I'm sure if the criminals knew that the public was in a position to defend themselves and their property, without being condemned by the law, they would be a lot less likely to commit their crimes. i am sick of innocent people being victims of the judicial system.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join