It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiction and Reality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There is no whole unless you can find its boundary.

Surely a boundary would imply more than one - what is outside the boundary and what is inside the boundary, makes two.
Wholeness is one without a second.

edit on 16-1-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Notice how in a discussion such as this, or the videos posted, none can evoke imagery in the imagination, and must rely on the words themselves to describe the words themselves. Without analogy, without example, without show don't tell, we can see that reality is not being spoken about.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Until what you consider 'your' body disappears you cannot say whether experiencing continues or not - it is an assumption that experiencing ends.

It is also an assumption that it continues. I do not consider anything my body. I am a body, you are the one that is making assumptions about experiencing continuing.

You never answered all my questions, just the easy one with the pat answer. I asked...

How can you urge someone to watch a video when you maintain that they and you not exist. Does the video exist? Does sailor Bob exist? Who is he talking to in the video?

Who is it that might start to grasp what is being pointed to?

I like to explore this subject it is relevant for me. I may sometimes appear flippant with a little back and forth banter but that is just bit of fun. I like you Itisnowagain, I have enjoyed many posts of yours.

You have no need for those internet gurus.
edit on 17-1-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon
No assumptions have been made about experiencing continuing - I pointed out to LesMisanthrope that it is an assumption that experiencing ends when the body does.
How is the body experienced? Body is a concept - life is made of experiencing, sensing, knowing.

edit on 17-1-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Itsnowagain is unable to address your arguments in any rational manner. Asserting the opposite is all one needs to do to refute her fictions, as there is nothing of reality to make sense of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

You have no need for those internet gurus.

I have no need for anything as all is here.

<< 1  2   >>

join