It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want A Dream Interpretation Challenge? Try This One On for Size

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hello Again ATS!

It's not very common for me to have dreams that leave me feeling different - sort of displaced and confused. But I just had one. And since there are a wealth of people here who study such things and are well versed in symbology and interpretation of dreams, I thought maybe I would throw this out there and see if I get any good information back.

Thanks to my PTSD I have nightmared often ( this was not a nightmare ) - and, partially because of the PTSD and partially because I've become enured to nightmares, I almost never have dreams, good or bad, that involve residual emotions. I simply wake up and, even while thinking about whatever dream I just had, it's only a dream and I have zero attachment or investment in it.

About half an hour ago I woke up with a very different experience. I woke up from a dream still very much emotionally tied to it. So much so, in truth, that I was nearly in a rage that I could not return to the dream.

What is doubly strange is that the dream, itself, was pretty out there and there were aspects of it that would never happen in my real life ( even though the dream was realistic enough ). I don't know how others dream, but I tend to dream of people and fairly normal situations ( when they're not nightmares ) - only my dreams are always populated by people I do not know and, to the best of my knowledge, have never met. Sometimes ( as in this case ) a real life friend or two will cameo or be part of the dream. But most of the time my dreams entail faces that are unknown to me - even if, in the context of the dream, they are portraying friends, girlfriends, etc. In the dream they are familiar.

So onto the dream ( including the weirdness )

The earliest aspect I recall of the dream is that I was asked to keep my eye on a very young woman. Much younger than me, but definitely in her mid twenties or so. I don't recall why I was singled out, but I do recall somebody telling me that she had just been released from prison for killing her mother ( It was a dream - they don't always make sense, and as a dreamer, I always end up rolling with whatever ). This young woman was a bit short with medium length dark hair. She may have been Native American, though a bit light skinned if she was.

Anyway, she immediately became a sort of hassle. There was a building in front of us, many stories high, and a stairway on the side of that building. She, being about half my age and kind of rowdy by nature, went into a direct run up the stairs. Me, being not half my age and with a knee that needs surgery, went chasing after her. At the top of the stairs was a door - she entered and I followed... and the scenery changed.

As we entered we were in what looked like a very old converted automotive garage. A one story brick building with decorative arches laid into the brick walls - very art deco and retro. This young woman grabbed my hand and told me that she'd decided she loved me and that I was her boyfriend.

Further entering the building I became aware that this small facility was holding a special screening of the forthcoming Star Wars movie. In context of the dream, it was the opening night for the film. There was a fairly large open area ( though smaller than a theater ) with leather couches and recliners all situated in front of a large screen. By the time this girl and I claimed "our" couch ( more a loveseat really ) we'd gone from strangers, to hand holding claimed boyfriend/girlfriend straight to truly in love ( a transition that was not linear in the dream... it just was that way ). By the time I sat down on that little couch I was smitten and happy as I could be. She and I were acting like an intimate couple ( intimate in the familiar and emotional sense ) who had been together for a very long time.

Other things had also just kind of happened - like one of my ex girlfriends from a long time ago, who is still a friend, was sitting behind us with a baby ( she does not have a baby ). This ex seemed a bit miffed that I had a girlfriend and a young one to boot. She got snarky and I turned and said "Be careful, she killed her mother you know!" - but it wasn't shocking to me at all, it was actually funny to me and to the dream girlfriend who reacted by pulling me back down and kissing me.

This business, garage, theater thing had a LOT of employees and one of them began complaining about another friend ( this one a person who the dream just made up to play the role of friend ) had his truck parked incorrectly ( FTR the truck was parked inside of the building for some reason, but not in the "theater" part of it ). I don't recall why, but I volunteered to go fix the issue.

And that is when things got weird ( yeah, I know, they were weird two hundred words ago... but my world is weird so from my POV this is when it got all unconventionally weird. ).

The vehicle was a pick-up truck and the issue they had with it was how the mountain of junk in the tailgate was arranged. So I set about organizing it to their standards, the entire time looking through an arched doorway back into the "theater" - some of the time to make sure I was NOT missing opening of the new Star Wars movie and some of that time to look at my new girlfriend who was increasingly important to me.

Then I began finding stacks of money, everywhere. Not bound bundles, just the sort of stacks men would carry in their pants - folded stacks of bills of various denominations. Finding money should be a good thing. Right? Only in the dream it was making me really angry because pocketing all of this cash was taking time and I wanted, badly, to finish my work and get back into the theater. But the damned money kept coming and coming. Every time I moved anything, there was cash.

Just as my frustration with free money was reaching a crescendo one of the employees ( they were all teenagers dressed in those faux tuxedo's that some theater chains put all of their teen employees into ) called me over for something that I cannot recall and I caught my last glimpse of the girl.... two things stood out. One, she had a third eye - just like mystic types talk about and draw, right in her forehead. The second thing was that she was crying with a look of absolute sadness on her face - like we were saying goodbye.

In the dream this really didn't register. In the dream I began walking toward the employee and...

I woke up.

Now, probably close to an hour later, I still have this unreal feeling that I am supposed to know this woman. The girlfriend from the dream. I can't shake the feeling that there was something to it all.

So ATS... Any ideas ( other than the OP is off his rocker, which is not really pointing out as there are already entire threads discussing it )?

Thanks for your time!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You were warned about someone. They flee up, ascending to freedom. They gain your trust. Now they are framing you. It is a warning.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well I'm no expert or anything, but here are my 2 cents worth.

1. May be telling you that you can still be happy with someone that doesn't really have a very good background.

2. May be telling you not to be putting your friend above your relationships.

3. May be warning you that all work and no play makes for a dull boy.

4. Could be telling you that the girl friend that is right for you must mesh with your own belief's.

5. You feel like your suppose to know her, because when you do meet the right woman for you, you will know her. Like a soul mate ...

Well I gave my best shot. Hope it helps

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

edit on 12-1-2015 by hutch622 because: none of my business

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think you are about to be led astrey. There will come a time soon when you will meet someone. Who will be very attractive for many reasons.

Not a woman or a man but an individual. This person will offer you a lot of money and a new job. However if you take it. You will be led away and have to move. And your life will be bogged down in work.

I don't know about your love life you are married or not so i'm not going to assume anything. But if you want me to interprit.

if you are single, This oppertunity i believe if im reading it right will hook you up with a spiritually connected person Who lives in your area. I could guess a couple of things, But maybe this new Job will get in the way of love affairs. In so work becomes more important. Where the need for obtaining money never ceases.

The woman is crying because you are being bogged down by greed, Which is drawing away your moral and spiritual alignment.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
That's my reading, i only did it cuz i like you heff

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It's one of those dreams where you feel very comfortable, everything is pleasant and seems to have a higher meaning, you wake up at the exact right moment to remember the dream and you just want to go back in to see more.

But...Nope...it's over, it will never continue, and you are left with the feeling that there must be something to it, you just want to see the end, but, there is no end as dreams never has an actual end, they just stop when you wake up.

I have had plenty of those dreams, can't really remember any of them now though, other than tidbits.

I always see my dreams as the past, not the future, i can recall many dreams that was based on situations or places i have been, but has never had anything in my dreams come true, like they were warning me or showing me something, and i have studied my dreams carefully when i had the chance.

It's just what it is, a dream.

Now you can only wait for the next awesome dreams that feel overworldly.

Also even though you explained your dream very carefully, it's still one those things where you have to be there.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Hey Heff! Well I can't sleep and so thought I'd pop in and see what's going on on ATS.

I'm not a dream interpreter but I do have wild dreams and I know what you mean when you say you feel like your dream meant something, that it felt different.

By the way your writing... you have a gift.

My feeling is the theatre represented you, this is your body and present state in life. You met someone who represents your inner person, the healthy you. You see your past in the woman with the baby. Not sure what the baby means but I almost feel like it represents your old past (the immature you). The money is distraction and a busyness that is taking you away from your own growth, a huge fuddle of all things that doesn't allow you to focus on you. By focusing on the money you are dying to self meaning that you won't grow and blossom into the man you wish to be, i.e.: continue to grow spiritually / wholly.

And I finish my take on this with a big hug!

edit on 12/1/15 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
my unlettered diagnosis of this dream:

IT is a reflection of your waking, walk-around reality. but in the dream state symbols & metaphor language...

the dream center's on your problem.... 'PTSD' which your are intent on resolving

-> in the dream and in waking reality you are driven, even compelled to 'fix that jumbled-up-mess in the truck' ...
aka: Psyche; > PTSD > anxiety, confusion, ? (the veil between waking and dream states in the brain)

even though you are both bothered by and distracted by the folded wads of cash, which symbolizes 'maintaining a standard of living' you still soldier on, to heal-thyself

the GFs (the new & the former GFs are another 50 word amplification), the roles being played knowingly by all, the 'stage'...
all point out that the deeper consciousness is laying out a 'story-board' for your waking self/normal reality to fathom

not much else is cryptic or complex... it seems you have a pretty good handle on the situation and are not so much flotsam on the tides of the ocean
edit on th31142105907012372015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

You know people can really know you by your dreams, right?

That's a lot of personal info about yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

My personal info is everywhere. I don't hide behind an online persona.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

This is what I got. When you hit the car shop, I looked up similar stuff in an online dream dictionary.

To see your car battery in your dream symbolizes your stamina.

To see a car radiator in your dream suggests that you need to cool off. You are getting overworked

So maybe that is related to the fact that you just climbed what sounds like a fire escape.

On to the money finding.

In particular, finding money indicates your quest for love or for power.

To dream that you steal money forewarns that you are in danger. You need to be more cautious. On a positive note, the dream indicates that you are finally going after what you want in life. Alternatively, stealing money means that you are lacking love.

So my interpretation here is that maybe there is something in your life, some sort of money related deal that will give you extra cash but will prevent you from finding love. Now, it might not be cash. It could be power. And love might not be with another girl, maybe its doing what you love.

The Star Wars movie and the girl represent things in life that would make you happy, meanwhile you are angry that you have to spend time collecting money because it is keeping you from being happy.

People forget that money doesn't equal happiness, and can even get in the way of it. So even though it is a straightforward interpretation, it may not seem so.

Maybe you woke up when you did because you are about to make a choice in real life. That means the rest of the dream hasn't been decided.
edit on 12amMon, 12 Jan 2015 06:47:04 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12amMon, 12 Jan 2015 06:47:46 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12amMon, 12 Jan 2015 06:48:34 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
To me you seemed to preoccupied with the girl in the dream that she seemed to be almost interfering with everything else to the point where she made your other interactions seem negative.

For example she made a former relationship with an ex who is still a friend into a negative thing.

Then later on when you started finding money which is not an uncommon thing in dreams and is usually a positive thing, this girl turned that into a negative experience.

Are you sure this girl represents something positive about to come into your life or was the dream warning you against the possibility of a negative obsession (possibly an addiction) that could skew all your other associations?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Parts of previous interpretations I would ascribe to. My additions would be (seen from, I believe, a 'Jungian' perspective; C.G. Jung thought everything in your dreams represent aspects of yourself (which, in lucid or predictive dreams may not be the case, but, anyway..)) : You are in for some lovely changes in your life if you open up to the message of this dream, or make the 'right choice', as someone suggested. You are in the 'stage' of your life. You have, for some reason (betrayal, propaganda, soul contracts, and what have you) had such hatred towards everything represented by motherhood / the feminine (like care, nurturing, tenderness, surrender ), that you have murdered every aspect of such expressions within yourself. The feminine part of you (Jung's theory is that every human being has a complete set of human expression, crudely translating to the woman having a man on her inside, and the man having a woman on his inside. He thinks that denying those inner aspects is what creates unbalanced personalities, and society in its extreme might then consist of violent 'hulks' and helpless Barbies, eternally in conflict with each other because they are alienated from, and have no respect or understanding for the other side(of themselves). This 'inner girl', however, seem to have a will of her own, now that she at last is experiencing her first steps into freedom (of expression). She has YOUNG POWER. Where she leads you, there is some anticipation as to something that is about to happen (Star Wars). However there is a possible 'girlfriend' (having your baby?) (not necessarily the actual girlfriend from your past). Is there some conflict here? Do you think she wants to take over the anima (feminine spirit) role in the physical, so that you can, again, bury and forget your own very spirited anima? Do women expect you to be a hulk? Anyway, your attention goes to all the 'junk' you have PICKED UP (are you an 'empath' ?) (The car often is a representaion of where you life is going, who is in the front seat etc). You have to sort it out and clear it out. In the process you find soo much energy that has been buried under the junk (The junk items may indicate the nature of the traumas or emotions or whatever it is that needs clearing out). You are angry. Maybe that's part of it. Anger is energy, and you don't know where to tuck it away (?). These tuxedo guys are dubious types. Immature for sure. Black and white, no nuances, anonymous (who likes that), servile (?), restricted and restrictive, following rules and customs (whose rules and costumes?). You listen to them, since you understand that things have to be done. At the same time you are very aware of the matters that matter. This girl, who has become so dear to you, is about to disappear. However, if you were able to merge with her, unimaginable gifts could become available to you, like true love (again Jung, and many others: as long as we are unable to see ourselves in the other, true love is a far shot away), real emotions, psychic abilities. All this in anticipation of the drama in the skies. which is perhaps an illusion, staged, or prophecy??. A discernment exercise for sure.
These are my suggestions, but since I don't know you at all, they may be far from...I think this was a very powerful and also very beautiful dream.
From one PTSD person to another.

edit on 12-1-2015 by Doradora because: I wanted to add a sentence 'explainig' 'The car'.

edit on 12-1-2015 by Doradora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Heff, I had to think about this one for a bit. What I see in this dream is that you often try to look at your life from an objective point of view. You are an analytical man, and your life seems surreal to you at times, especially when you are combing through memories, and comparing the past to the present, and how you got to where you are today. You have come to expect the unexpected, and you aren't frightened of it any more. The only thing that you sometimes wonder is if you should be comfortable and accepting of a life, that to you, could be termed, abnormally normal.

I could go into more detail, but that's an overview. Hope it helps.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Interesting! This sounds like a "message dream" mixed with a "warning dream."

The girlfriend sounds like someone you knew and loved in a past life. You both have interests in futuristic technology (watching "Star Wars"), and/or one or both of you may have had lifetimes on other planets due to the strong appeal of that SciFi movie.

This woman you recognized and instantly loved on a sub-conscious level, may have been showing you a representation of the future ("Star Wars"). It sounds like she has taken a more Spiritual Path in Life (her third eye opened), and wants you to do the same. But you took a more Materialistic Path with all the found-money - and that's what made her cry.

The continual mention of her having killed her mother is interesting. Maybe it was a "symbolic killing" of a negative goddess, or the "killing" of a connection to a negative mother.

The other woman with the baby was trying to connect with you again, and we all know how jealousy can still motivate people's behavior - even after breaking up. Maybe she was showing you the baby you could have, if you got back together. (Having a man's baby is an eons-old method of forcing a marriage, or at least a lasting connection, with the kid in the middle.)

If you want to interpret the "Star Wars" screening more literally, maybe there is an Alien War in our future, where money will be useless, and only Spiritual gifts can save you. (As a Mod on ATS, you've undoubtedly seen plenty of Alien-Future-Conspiracies. If any of them "ring true" inside you, I'd suggest doing some research.)

edit on 21-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You sold out to the dark side? Perhaps not yet but perhaps test are in the future.

Very cool sleepy time.

Just ask for guidence to unveil it all for you and do not put too much stock into our guesses.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Our mind will wander in dreams so there will always be noise like the appearance of your ex-girlfriend which confuses the interpretation. But I see the woman as representing spiritual enlightenment, she was calling you, but you refused to let go of the materialistic world (greed).

new topics

top topics

join