It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Illegal Nanny - Least of Kerik's Troubles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In the days following the Bernard Kerik's withdrawal from the post of Homeland Security Director, additional information has come to light suggesting that the "illegal nanny" was the least of Kerik's worries. Kerik's list of improprieties continues to grow longer with accusations of extra marital affairs, unreported gifts and mob ties.

ap.tbo.com
Citing unidentified sources, the New York Daily News said Kerik had overlapping affairs with Judith Regan, the publisher of his recent memoir, and a city correction officer. He used the same New York City apartment for liaisons with the women during his 18-month tenure as head of the nation's largest police department ending in 2001, the paper said.

Kerik, 49, who married his current wife in 1998 and has two children with her, apparently grew close to Regan while writing his book, "The Lost Son," in which he described being abandoned by his prostitute mother.

The relationship first drew scrutiny in 2001 after Kerik reportedly dispatched detectives to question people the publisher had accused of stealing her cell phone. In 2002, Kerik was ordered to pay a conflict-of-interest fine for using three police officers to do research about his mother for the book.

Other recent reports claim that around the same time of the alleged affairs, Kerik accepted unreported gifts of thousands of dollars in cash and other items from associates at a New Jersey construction company while serving under Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, first as correction chief, then as police commissioner. Authorities suspect the company, Interstate Industrial Corp., has ties to organized crime; the company denies any wrongdoing.

Kerik's attorney, Joseph Tacopina, said Monday he would not comment on any aspect of his client's personal life. A call to Regan was not immediately returned.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hiring an illegal nanny seems to be trivial compared to the allegations of mob ties and extra marital affairs if proven true. Bernard Kerik while highly respected for his job performance in New York following September 11th, was not as highly favored for the position of Homeland Security Director by many who felt he lacked the management skills needed, however management skills could be learned, integrity on the other hand cannot.

Related News Links:
www.atsnn.com

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So someone in a position of power and trust lies, is dirty, cheats on his wife, cuts any corners he can to better his situation and is generally a scumbag. What's new here again? I thought it was standard practice.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
"Kerik, 49, who married his current wife in 1998 and has two children with her, apparently grew close to Regan while writing his book, "The Lost Son," in which he described being abandoned by his prostitute mother."

--- I don't blame this man for any wrong doing. He is just normal, he knows what it is to have nothing, therefore he'll take anything that he can. Whats wrong with that?

Although, what does it say about our adminstration when they try to nominate a guy who does not have the necessary management skills for such a job? Is it a time to be teaching someone that when we are supposidly in war?

[edit on 13-12-2004 by TheBigD]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
And the Shrub wanted to put him in charge of the most powerful agency in america... hUMMMM, all because he was a "hero" of 9-11...HA
I don't fault the guy for being a general sleeze... it's ok, lots of people are
BUT NOT THE HEAD OF THE BIGGEST POLICE FORCE IN THE COUNTRY...

It makes me wonder about the people in power... they really are no better than us,... true... but they better be at least as ethical as the average joe or jane america...
Maybe i am blessed to know many good people... but i don't know anyone who takes payoffs from the mob, cheats on his wife, and hires illegal employees, oh yeah.... and misuses company resources for personal gain...
AT THE SAME TIME!
i thought this guy was a nice respectable person... he seems like someone i wouldn't want to live next to...
When i first saw this article, I thought, poor guy they are picking on him and he isn't even in the running anymore...
now i think, this guy needs to be fired and replaced from his present job...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I wish I had an illegal nanny.

No seriously, what do they mean by "illegal nanny"?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
WoW. This administration should be in a Broadway Theatre. Seriously, they should make a play or something...............and charge lot of money to pay for the defeceit!!!!!!!!!! I just came up with the plan for how to fix the defeceit.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I didnt think criminal activity mattered any longer, or a shady past...

LOOK who's president for Gods sake!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Is it me, or does Kerik remind you of Vic from The Shield?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Seriously. Don't they behead Democratic politicians for like...jaywalking? Then use their heads as centerpieces at Moral Majority fundraising dinners? :shk:

I want in Gouliani's record. Bet it's just as loverly.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Seriously. Don't they behead Democratic politicians for like...jaywalking? Then use their heads as centerpieces at Moral Majority fundraising dinners? :shk:

Gouliani's record are you kidding he may be the next candidate to president for the republican party.

Hum, how about when he got his wife and mistress living in the same house.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Just what democrat are you talking about?

How about James McGreevy? "The only US politician with a Man-date, not mandate but a Man-date." (This actually was a James Carville quote, for you heterophobes out there). He resigned with no pressure for Republicans.

Teddy Kennedy and Chappaquidick? He is still in the Senate.

Bill Clinton and Monica? Was impeached, instead of resigning like he should have.

Trent Lott resigned his position as Senate Majoirty leader, for showing kindness to Strom Thurmond on his birthday.

Bob Livingston was up for Senate Majority leader when allegations of an affair broke. He declined the position.

Kerik may have did some unethical things, but he withdrew his nomination, and should be left alone.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Word has it that Bush isnt too happy with Giulianni lately...

how dare he suggest someone shady for the job...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Kerik resigned because he knew it would be much worse than it is now. The media would have ripped him apart, not because it was the right thing to do.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think ThebigD hit the nail on the head here. Whether or not he would have done a good job, we will never know.

Though as much as I think most of those things he did were somewhat trivial, it shows a flaw is his character and as a police officer we should expect more. (less flaws)

No seriously, what do they mean by "illegal nanny"?

As you may be aware a nanny is a term for a servant who's job it is to take care of the kids as the parents are too busy to take care of them directly, thus an illegal nanny is usually a undocumented illegal immigrant without a green card (valid workers permit) and those who employ them often don't pay the taxes associated with the employment of that worker. Another words they guy had enough money for a nanny, but he scoffed at paying taxes on it. As a government employee tax dodging is usually frowned upon, as taxes are what pays their salary.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Taking bribes seems pretty standard GOP so I don't see a problem there, but since Bush is one of those newborn christians, the extramarital thing could be a serious problem...

Or maybe Carl Rove in a brilliant move adviced the president to sacrifice Kerik, just to show what high moral standards the current is supposed to have...

new topics

top topics

join