It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lib Dem Norman Baker releases details of Drug Plans 'Blocked' by Theresa May

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Norman Baker resigned as crime prevention minister in November because he found it impossible to work with Tory battleaxe and Home Secretary Theresa May , he's now released details of what he claims (and I believe him) were part of a government report into drugs that were withheld from the final report published in October.

But Baker revealed on Friday that the original draft had contained policy recommendations that, on May’s orders, had been removed prior to publication.
He highlighted three key recommendations proposed in the original draft:

The plans included
Promoting the use of cannabis-based medicines.
Piloting a system used in Portugal, where drug use has been decriminalised.
Encouraging more long-term heroin addicts to seek treatment.
All sounds fair enough to me.

Under pressure from the Lib Dems, the Home Office commissioned a report looking at the international evidence on the impact of legislation on drug use. Theresa May, the home secretary, made no secret of the fact that she had no enthusiasm for the project, and when it was published in October, with Baker taking the lead in publicising it, Conservative ministers signalled that they would ignore it.

The Governments response was ....

This strategy is working and there is a long-term downward trend in drug misuse in the UK
www.theguardian.com...

How original.

edit on 28-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It has been shown time after time that criminalizing a substance which people want to take does nothing but create criminals to fill the system. That system is a broken system that is in dire need of fixing. Doubling down on a failed strategy will only double the failure and that is what the prohibitionists are doing.

It is amazing how you can take a group of fairly intelligent and well educated people then as soon as they become part of the machine called government most of their IQs seem to half over night. That is a phenomena in and of itself.

Which is more detrimental to intelligence drugs or government. This your brain, this is your brain in government. Oh my we must ban government.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I absolutly depise theresa may with a passion.

Everything that bitch does either adds opression or flys in the face of common sense.

join