It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Days To Die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Good morning and Merry Christmas to all of you here at ATS!

Got a game to recommend here called "7 Days To Die".

Like Minecraft, but wish it looked more real? Like survival horror games, but wished they were more open ended? Like Crafting games that look real, but wish you didn't always have to play on a server with others? Or at least have a choice in that?

Then "7 Days To Die" is for you!

I originally picked up this game for my son as he'd been begging for it, and he wanted to also be able to play with me. So I got the 2 pack that Steam offers for the game, and I have to admit: it's a bit addicting.

If you're a "The Walking Dead" fan, you'll get a kick out of this game too.

You can play this game as a Single player game, or you can use your home network to play a Lan version of it with family members, or go out there and play on other people's servers.

The crafting on it is very detailed and reminds me a lot of the game RUST.

Here is a link to the Steam store for the game. Right now they have it on sale for the holidays:

7 Days To Die Steam

And here is a Let's Play I made of it:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hello. I've been playing for about a year now. If you'd like to add me my name is sicknasty. The game is coming along and I can't wait to see where it progresses.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok, On your recommendation I bought the game and started playing it....sort of.

My "world" is this burnt out looking wasteland of trees, a few lakes and little pieces of houses with a cabinet and an oven...oh and a birds nest.

Have traveled forever and so far have not found anything but wasteland.....is this normal?

I have a few items like a jar, scrap metal, lead, cooking pots and found one air drop.... Not finding much of any substance it seems.

A few questions if I may?

How do I use the food in the inventory at the bottom of my screen?

When I hit "I" for inventory I have a lot of items but how do I access / use them?

Is there a way to find clean water? all I am seeing is nasty looking lake water and I have no fire to boil water. I assume I can use the cooking pot to boil water as long as I have a fire?

Will there be a town with houses on my map like you have or is every world different?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have....

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Here's a link to the wiki for the game to help you out with many things:

7 Days to Die Wiki

To use an item that is in your inventory, click on it and move it down to where you see the bottom row with numbers 1 through 8.
Get out of your inventory by hitting the ESC key, then either hit the number key for the item, or scroll your mouse to highlight it.

Food, water and books, you right click to use it. Other items you left click.

As for the world being a wasteland: depends on if you did a Random world or Navezgane. Navezgane (which is an actual place in Arizona) has a certain layout, and you can google maps for it in the game.
If your world was randomly generated, It could be all wasteland.

I've yet to find any "clean" water, except bottled water in containers, cupboards, cars, etc. I've had to collect "murky" water then boil it.
To boil the water, you'll need to make a campfire pit (which is 8 small stones. Arrange them in a 3 x 3 square, but leave out the one in the middle to craft it). Then place it on the ground where you want it. Walk up to it and hit the "E" key to use it.

Take a look at the wiki, it should help answer questions, especially if I'm not online to answer any you have.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the game!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
thanks, I'll check out Wiki. I kept heading North and I crossed a river and it was green and lush on that side, got killed and not sure where I started now...ugh.

Thanks for the advice

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I picked this up the other day, will be streaming it in a few days

top topics

join