It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cory Booker Sides With Elizabeth Warren On Washington's Wall Street Giveaway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I really like what he is saying!

The Democratic senator from New Jersey has received scads of progressive disdain over the years for his close ties to financial elites. But Booker diverged from his typical rhetorical deference to Wall Street in a heated speech from the Senate floor on Thursday, blasting "very connected special interests" with "armies of high-paid lobbyists" for rolling back protections against risky trading "at the heart of the 2008 fiscal crisis."

"This is wrong," Booker said. "I'm outraged. I am frustrated that we are not on the floor debating this and instead are having this put into a bill that everyone says must pass."
The bold emphasis is mine

source
edit on 16-12-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2014 by AlaskanDad because: Hit enter before I was ready to post - Ooops!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Did Cory mention that a foreign NWO influence is involved in this?

Foreign/International economic insurrection is happening on the U.S. Government !!!

The Basel Committee, The Central Bank of Central Banks !

On December 11, 2014, the US House passed a bill repealing the Dodd-Frank requirement that risky derivatives be pushed into big-bank subsidiaries, leaving our deposits and pensions exposed to massive derivatives losses. The bill was vigorously challenged by Senator Elizabeth Warren; but the tide turned when Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorganChase, stepped into the ring. Perhaps what prompted his intervention was the unanticipated $40 drop in the price of oil. As financial blogger Michael Snyder points out, that drop could trigger a derivatives payout that could bankrupt the biggest banks. And if the G20’s new “bail-in” rules are formalized, depositors and pensioners could be on the hook.

The new bail-in rules were discussed in my last post here. They are edicts of the Financial Stability Board (FSB), an unelected body of central bankers and finance ministers headquartered in the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland. Where did the FSB get these sweeping powers, and is its mandate legally enforceable?

The Global Bankers’ Coup: Bail-In and the Shadowy Financial Stability Board

Lots of info in the article.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Did I see where there was debate over whether to include this legislation in the spending bill?

It would be interesting to see the transcripts and view the video.

I would love to see what kind of twisted logic was used to justify this addition. And which politicians argued for and against it would also speak volumes.

This is depressing. What the Hell is going on here? And more importantly, why is the American public doing and saying nothing about this cognitive dissonance?

dex

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

This is not as surprising as it sounds.

Booker is only responding to peer pressure to get along and be liked by the national democratic party.

When he was Mayor of Newark, he did what he liked because he didn’t have a national spotlight like he does as a senator.

Booker knows that to get ahead in the democratic national party he would have to divorce himself somewhat from the financial elites who backed him while running for Mayor of Newark and while being Mayor.

He is very ambitious and like Obama did before he got elected is just curry favoring to the democratic progressives so he may become a vice presidential candidate in 2016 or presidential candidate in 2020.

Booker is not a nice man. He abandoned Newark to the charter school industry, where the school system is now being wrecked( with the aid of Chris Christie), Prudential insurance, and even tried to barter the Newark water shed to elite control, and did nothing overall to improve Newark which remains a disaster.

One thing he is good at is public relations.
I believe that’s what this is all about

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Debate?
Not likely, this was a GOP sop to their masters and indication that theirs a new sheriff in town: and his name is WHORE

Imagine the campaign contributions that those who voted for this will get!

top topics

join