It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican finds millions 'tucked away', says Cardinal Pell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yep. Seems like the poor old vatican can spare a few euros for street beggers this coming Christmas.

The man responsible for the Vatican's finances says he has found millions of Euros "tucked away" off balance sheets. Cardinal George Pell, who heads the Vatican's Secretariat for the Economy, said it meant the Holy See's finances were better than expected.

He made the comments in the Catholic Herald, in an essay outlining his vision for the Vatican. Pope Francis appointed Cardinal Pell as part of his efforts to reform the Church and make it more transparent. "It is important to point out that the Vatican is not broke," Cardinal Pell wrote. "Apart from the pension fund (...) the Holy See is paying its way, while possessing substantial assets and investments.

"We have discovered that the situation is much healthier than it seemed, because some hundreds of millions of Euros were tucked away in particular sectional accounts and did not appear on the balance sheet," he added.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Surely they will give that money to a charity or to the homless!
Hundreds of millions of euro could make a huge difference, we still have people in italy living in sheds after earthquakes that happened almost a decade ago!
I'm sure the money will be invested in that!
Right?
...Right?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Lol! "We found it under the Pope's mattress"!

The Vatican Bank! Whattt! So many avenues to explore there. What a strange set up it all is.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

What would be the difference if the US found a few billions tucked away...wouldn't change anything..what's a few million these days..despite it being such a small piece of real estate I don't even know why this country would even mention it...

edit on 9-12-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
sounds like someones private slush fund was just discovered.
I hope that Pell keeps breathing.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
His a great Pope, he will give it away to the needy.....crap.

This Pope talks lots but does nothing, here is his chance to prove to those who dont like him wrong.

Has this pope actually done anything but talk, I dont generally follow the news so I am asking sincerely, I havnt seen any real actions that go with his words

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Or sounds like there was doom day prepped working there at some Point...saving for,the rainy day

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Just some loose pocket change that they had laying around in the sofa cushions eh?

it will be interesting to see what they do with that money.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I hope that Pell keeps breathing.

How convenient it was Pell that found it. Pell was sent to Sanctuary for his lack of action over pedophilia under his watch in Australia. I hardly think they will kill him.

www.abc.net.au...

Ms Davis said Cardinal Pell was trying to avoid liability by referring to the sovereignty of the Vatican.

"He's basically saying 'no, we're a foreign state ... you can't hold us accountable'," she said.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
He should take a walk down into the catacombs under Vatican City and start a search for gold artifacts and coins. I will even tell him to search for big old wooded chests. It is all down there.

Next he could get all of the paintings and statues valued.

They could feed the poor until hell freezes over .... but they won't

It is just more PR.

How about spreading it around to all the children they have harmed. No .... can't do that.

P

top topics

join