It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Tobacco a Sacrifical Tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It just seems odd how the two recent grand jury decisions over deaths have both involved tobacco and they were brought to extreme national levels setting them apart from so many other injustices that go unheard. Most can write it off as coincidence but of coarse i see it as being something more.

If you add in the thousands of deaths each year that are being related to tobacco and take into account the seemingly odd choice to make zmapp from gmo tobacco. Just look at the huge debates we have over the use and then the role tobacco has played in the past in rituals.

My question is do you think the tobacco was a necessary aspect involved in these two deaths and if so does that point to them being ritualistic in some form?

www.ancient.eu...
edit on 5-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wasn't it originally a sacred material? Given to the First People to be used ritualistically? Same with the calumet I believe. But, today most indigenous practices have been blurred and distorted. The tobacco is no longer used for certain rites it's abused.

However, I believe a tribe in the Pacific Northwest or Southwestern Canada made chewing tobacco, I read it on the net once I have no idea if it's true or false.

Today it's used to keep people sick, constantly searching for expensive treatments, and to make money. Profit over people.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Wasn't it originally a sacred material? Given to the First People to be used ritualistically? Same with the calumet I believe. But, today most indigenous practices have been blurred and distorted. The tobacco is no longer used for certain rites it's abused.

However, I believe a tribe in the Pacific Northwest or Southwestern Canada made chewing tobacco, I read it on the net once I have no idea if it's true or false.

Today it's used to keep people sick, constantly searching for expensive treatments, and to make money. Profit over people.

Yes i have found many references that point to it being a sin offering in death cerimonies by the tribes you mention. However most of the information is scattered here and there in various books. I now have the thought that perhaps it marks us a specific location to go in the afterlife. Of coarse that is conjecture but would be a hell of a way to sit back and reep souls.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes.

You sacrifice 7 minutes of your life with each puff. Or something like that.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
It is still a sacred plant. When I ask something of a First Nations Elder, I'm expected to present him/her with a gift of tobacco in thanks. So I do.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I assume that you come from a position of knowing that tobacco has long been considered a sacred herb and itself used as a ritual sacrifice in various ideologies. but other than that, I fail to see your point.

top topics

join