It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby’s honorary title revoked by U.S. Navy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: AgentShillington

People wait all this time, just before the guys about to

croak, to run him over the coals. That's a little hard to

respect.

And he'll still go to the grave denying that he sexually abused those women when they were younger.

Because maybe he didn't rape anyone. It's Bill freakin Cosby. I bet those 16 women just want 15 minutes of some kind of twisted fame and attention.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Bovah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Fair enough. I didn't want my daughter to serve after I had my training.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Bill Cosby staged a comeback and then all of the reasons he got out of the public eye returned when he did.

And you're making sense of that?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRupertsDog

Fair enough. I didn't want my daughter to serve after I had my training.

There are a few things I will actively dissuade my son from doing. Military service is one of them.

Bill Cosby staged a comeback and then all of the reasons he got out of the public eye returned when he did.

And you're making sense of that?

Yeah, it's pretty much how reality works. People don't generally talk about things unless they either have an active interest, or it becomes part of the public consciousness. Bill Cosby left the public consciousness for a while and people stopped generally discussing him. He came back and people started to discuss him again.
edit on 5-12-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

Was Cosby in the Navy ?

P.S The alleged rape occurred at the Playboy mansion when the girl was 15.
Why was a 15 year old girl at the Playboy mansion ?

Wow didn't know that.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yeah, it's pretty much how reality works. People don't generally talk about things unless they either have an active interest, or it becomes part of the public consciousness. Bill Cosby left the public consciousness for a while and people stopped generally discussing him. He came back and people started to discuss him again.

Of course, you are correct. I was thinking in legal terms.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh, legal terms?

He probably wont see even a single day in any criminal court over this. Burden of proof being too high to get a conviction back when these things were being investigated before being the main reason.

His civil case will almost assuredly be settled out of court as well.
edit on 5-12-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think losing his honorary title is the least of his worries. The number of victims claiming to be drugged and raped is going to be difficult for his lawyers to defend against. Than again, it always seems like there's two systems of justice, one for the police, celebrities and the elite and one for the average citizen.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The last I checked the Navy is part of the USA, we don't convict because someone is accused, isn't this a bit of a leap should they at least wait until he is proven guilty or did I miss something?

The strange thing to me is we have nearly undefeatable technology like facial reading to tell is people are lying or telling the truth, none of the stuff is in general use because the secret military hoards everything!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Oh, legal terms?

He probably wont see even a single day in any criminal court over this. Burden of proof being too high to get a conviction back when these things were being investigated before being the main reason.

His civil case will almost assuredly be settled out of court as well.

All he has to do is die like MJ after that no one said another bad word against him. People have to remember the charges may be true but actors are involved, models act too...there may be an agenda to take his reputation and it is not hard to get people to say when I was a kid this happened.

There is simply no way for us to know because they won't let us know the truth.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Within the last hour: Ronin Farrow just interviewed Janice Dickenson (live I think) on MSNBC. It started out awkward, then got progressively weirder and weirder. Towards the end she kinda came off the rails and dropped the F bomb calling Cosby a bleeping pig. Finally, she broke down in tears. As hard as it was to watch, I couldn't look away.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join