It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government lends Russia Stolen Elgin Marble

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I don't really want to cradle them in my hand all Sméagol-like, I want to see I items that are hundreds and thousands of years old from around the world to better connect me with the past and the lives of folk from all around the world.

What's the matter? Don't like Art, History, Culture and Education

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I'm actually extremely anhedonic & nihilistic. Nothing about this reality has any appeal to me. I pray for our species utter destruction.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Then your involvement here is pretty pointless really. Charity starts at home, so as to speak. Go do something useful, help to improve the world, benefit someone else's existence and get some self esteem.

Also open the bloody curtains, and leave the internet alone for a while.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I don't need your judgment or opinion.

As to the matter at hand, if these marble pieces & art are openly acknowledged as pilfered items, then I find these countries & governments currently holding onto them (or lending to other nations) contemptible.

& equally contemptible the circus attendees that want to go to museums & see the wondrous items pilfered by their predecessors.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The value put on material possessions makes me sick.

The value is in their history and the skill and craftsmanship of our ancestors , they are a link to the past.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

If you don't need my opinions don't engage with me in a discussion form, if you don't want my judgements then don't judge me, like wanting our utter destruction. Get a grip, in short.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Just as a note, Britain hasn't lent anything to Russia. It's a private loan from the British Museum to an affiliated counterpart in Russia.

Such bodies rightfully believe that culture and education should be above politics.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well, to be truthful; is not much of museums foreign culture exhibits stolen? For example, do you think the British Museum's Ancient Egypt and Sudan exhibitions where given away freely? These countries want these stolen collections back to their origin.

-MM

top topics

<< 1   >>

join