It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Recruit Dies days before graduation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm up here in Great Lakes, Illinois to attend my little brothers graduation from Navy boot camp and this news has been going around all the divisions and all the family's these past few days.
abc7chicago.com...

Adams, who is from Sarasota, Fla., lost consciousness during a leisure period at Recruit Training Command on December 1, according to the military. He was pronounced dead by medical personnel at the health center. 

Supposedly this happend right after their final battle stations drill, which is their final pass/fail test to determine if they are ready to graduate. This recruit passed and was relaxing in "recruit heaven", made the " I'm a sailor" phone call to his family, and then went to the restroom where he lost conciseness and was found later on.
Its such a sad and bittersweet atmosphere here since so many families are here to celebrate their son or daughter's graduation but one family is here to collect the body of their son.
Prayers go out to that family

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oh no.......that is horrible . He must have had an underlying medical condition ? I feel badly for the family.prayers to them....and glad your little brother is ok...congrats to him....Cherish all the moment you can because you never know.....such a sad time for the fallen soldier and his family.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Meldionne1 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Thank you! And from the talk most people are agreeing it must have been some unknown medical condition

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
when I was in boot camp, ran the recruits inside hot housing where the temp outside was at 100*F back in 78', one of them died right there on the floor from exhaustion...

yea...things quieted way down after that since a Federal investigation was prompted within days of the death, the parents need to pursue this, IMO .

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Rest In Peace Shipmate.

*hand salute*

new topics

top topics

join