It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound Clip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A few years ago, I co-hosted an internet radio show. While doing a show on cryptic speeches, I clicked the button to play a Reagan speech. Instead of Reagan, what I got was a mysterious sound(s) that I have never been able to identify. Unfortunately, in my haste to get the show back on track, I ended the sound cue and only six seconds survived. Afterwards the uploaded Reagan clip played as it was supposed to and the other sound was gone.

I finally posted it online and thought I would offer the mystery up here. It really is a strange sound clip.

Can anyone identify it or the language being spoken?

edit on 3-12-2014 by Dapaga because: typo

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

Sounds to me like its a bit of a trance/techno song that got dubbed or played over the Reagan clip somehow. I hear a definite melody and cadence to the words. To me anyway

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Agreed....what i first heard sounded like "move it move it".

I don't have any audio processing software, but maybe someone can try comparing the refrain in the following song with the overlaid audio in the Reagan recording. There might be a potential match if the vocal can be isolated and slowed down a bit.

Odd, Madagascar wasn't set to come out for several decades after his administration. I'm really not trying to be silly here, just connecting dots at the moment. Wondering if maybe the movie Madagascar was beamed from another star-system and early embedded recordings of the audio somehow got picked up by a radio transmission.

Strange universe man....strange universe.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sounds like some Rastafarian rap song being created.....or the speech backwards . That was a big thing back then, playing songs backwards to hear for hidden messages or the devil.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It sounds like a snippet from the original "I like to move it" song, released in 1993. Here's the video:

...I could be wrong, but that's what I'm hearing.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
yep, English the guy is saying "move it move it".........................

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Clearly, Reagan was just about to drop a sick beat and do some breakdancing.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Clearly, Reagan was just about to drop a sick beat and do some breakdancing.

This. This just won the thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A friend of mine played with sound clip at the time. I made a quick video with those sound clips.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just to add one more thing...

For me it is not just the mystery of what the sound clip is, but also how it got there. That was and is not a part of my sound library. I uploaded a clean Reagan speech into the server. I opened the sound file and that was what played. How many times have you been on a server, or even your own computer, and clicked a sound file and different file played? This should be technically impossible, right? My file was not overwritten, and the file played as it should after that.

Add to that the nature of the clip; almost militant, and the nature of the Reagan clip I was attempting to play...

Fun times.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Man this reminded me of a strange but imo awesome website. It's kind of like a creepypasta site. Its about an organization called the SCP Foundation which catalogs and contains anomalous materials, creatures, beings, and events.

Here is the pertinent entry regarding a clip of President Reagan which alters itself upon multiple viewings.
www.scp-wiki.net... (caution contains descriptions of violent acts)

Be careful w/ this site in my experience it can be a real time suck. Especially the Keter class objects.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
that's cool that you have it recorded.

My fiance has told me of this time where he and his ex girlfriend (my bff in highschool, actually) were chilling in the basement watching across the universe or something on his laptop when all of a sudden this ridiculously loud and menacing voice comes over the computer speaker in a language both of them didn't understand. I guess it was loud and it scared them at the time, and lasted for a couple seconds before going away and returning to whatever they had been hearing previously. And they never heard the sound again--before or since that time.

new topics

top topics

join