It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian F-4's conducting airstrikes in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The Bomark Missile systems in Canada were phased out as part of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, of 1970. As part of this process they went out of service by 1971.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: palg1

I couldn't find anything about the system.

Yield. Number stored in Canada? One per plane?

I'm a bit curious about them, obviously. Actually more curious on the politics of it. Seems a stretch the Non-Proliferation Treaty was the real reasoning behind their removal.....

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I'd be skeptical of that report. Having seen first hand at a TA Truck Stop just east of Laramie on I-80 just how serious Uncle Sam is about their batteries.

Locked and loaded gunships and attack choppers circling the Truck Stop letting us know stay the Bleep away from the convoy about to transport warheads.

Much lore out here about the initial Salt Agreement downsizing and the transporting of weapons grade materials..

I'd bet it's smoke to get funding for technological upgrades as much as anything. #, DOS might be an upgrade LOL..

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: palg1

P.S. At first I thought my guesstimate of '66 was off the mark. The longer I thought about it the more certain it was 65,66 or 67.

The Bomarks were already long gone!

The further suggests to me that the Non-Proliferation agreement was a cubby-hole to explain why they were gone.

I'm betting there was more to it than that...but, what do I know...LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join