It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poverty leads a man to do this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Okay. I just wanted to share this news with everyone because it is sad and weird at the same time. I'm not sure that poverty is the only thing that afflicted this family, possibly insanity also.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by TheBigD]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Okay. I just wanted to share this news with everyone because it is sad and hilarious at the same time. I'm not sure that poverty is the only thing that afflicted this family, possibly insanity also.

He was probably driven insane by the extreme poverty and the desperation of the situation such as being unable to buy medicine for his sick wife.

I didn't see any humor in the situation but I wish they hadn't used the promo for the squid story in that article.

I wasn't sure what I was looking at at first because of the article that picture was on.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've been depressed and thought of chopping off my husbands too....

_ Seriously, maybe this man thinks his penis is to blame for everything..Maybe it is....

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
poor man... thats all i have to say.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I wonder who paid to have his "tool" repaired.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ok, the words axe and penis should never be used in the same sentence.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
In order to justify cutting off ones penis, while attributing the causes to poverty signifies, to me, that the man's a tad unbalanced.

Perhaps he thought it would prevent further pregnancies which they couldn't afford.....

dunno.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well the guy was obviously desperate and in an un-healty state of mind...well...you'd have to be to do that.

The desperation of poverty might have put him in this state of mind though, as well as a number of other problems so maybe it was the cause, indirectly...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't know, I just see it as a potential confusion of cause and effect is all.
Instead of him being poor, so he cuts off his dick/goes nuts, it seems more sound to say he was crazy, thus poor ultimately with a detached penis. If ya catch my drift.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
it seems more sound to say he was crazy, thus poor ultimately with a detached penis. If ya catch my drift.

hehe indeed, that is the most likely series of events.

But I wouldn't rule out how people, especially if they're not strong enough, will do crazy things and not think straight when desperate and feel like the whole world is falling in on them.
Poverty can certainly be one of the causes of this kind of pressure, so it could've been the potential cause (as well as many other circumstances) that lead to his need to not want his pecker then...whoops!...change his mind.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If its any consolation, I've seen some millionaries who have done much worse things, not just to themselves, but to others as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aSEEKER
If its any consolation, I've seen some millionaries who have done much worse things, not just to themselves, but to others as well.

Indeed, ain't that the sad truth.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Very sad. What's worse is this ad that was displayed next to the article for "ilovesweepstakes.com".

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Katolu]

top topics

join