It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retail Disaster: Holiday Sales Crater by 11%, Online Spend Declines: NRF Blames Shopping Fiasco On

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

So, according to your own sources, shoppers spent on average twenty dollars less.....big #ing deal.

C'mon, be honest. This is just another non event post to spur some cathartic "I hate my country/hate America" love isnt it?

It be Christmas guys, just let it go til next year.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think part of the reason is the new policy implemented by many stores of having an entire week of "black Friday" deals. It doesn't create the sense of urgency and feeling of "I'm special because I waited in line for hours to get this discount" like the traditional black Friday deals.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I like your style frugal. It makes me rethink my approach and A Star for you. Good Reply
Arjunanda a reply to: frugal

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
IDK, maybe sales are down this year in my hometown in FL, but up here in MI, people are packing the stores to the gills already. I think this data is highly skewed in favor of just one payment form (CCs) That doesn't count anyone who uses checks where they still take them, or plain old cash (we typically use cash, sometimes debit) To me, that's inaccurate as hell when used as a reflection of sales. Count the total profit from all payment forms, don't cherry pick.

I didn't bother with Black Friday shopping, I have never gone out on Black Friday. I stayed home & hit up sales online like I do every year. My kids are getting what they asked for all right, and they better love it!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Cyber Monday grows as busiest day of season
Monetate, a company whose software helps major retailers including Macy's and Best Buy personalize the online shopping experience, also tracked more shopping sessions this year with about 49.3 million sessions, up 11.8% from 2013. Revenue per session increased 7% and the number of people who completed a purchase increased 8.3%....Online sales over Thanksgiving weekend were up 17% vs. last year

www.usatoday.com...

I reckon people would rather shop from the comfort of their own homes rather than go to the stores and be attacked by savages fighting to get the last ninja turtle game still on the shelf.

for about the last 10 years I`ve been doing %90 of all my shopping online,not just Christmas shopping.
It`s easy to compare prices,it costs me nothing for gas and I don`t have to deal with a bunch of rude people and their bratty kids.
It just doesn`t make sense to go the store anymore, if you can`t find it online for cheaper and free shipping then you aren`t trying hard enough

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hi MrSpad, I think The OP is Not at All Confused how the numbers are calculated. Here is The Sprott Investments Article as to exactly how these numbers were come by and they are much worse than the title of The OP says. Thanks for your answer
Arjunanda
www.zerohedge.com...
a reply to: MrSpad

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join