It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on time and time slips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think that time is a quality of space; a string of unique events creating a unique string. Entropy either equals the time direction (egg falls to ground and breaks, but egg will not rebounce and become whole), or is closely related. In other words there is no time as a separate thing. What propels change is something inherent in matter/energy/space. This change could be a continious thing but I lean towards to not. I think the universe goes on and off at a certain rate which we can't measure as we are part of it. Call it uploading for when the universe is on and downloading when off. Just like a slide show where the person pressess the button, or as a film with frames.

Now to time slips. In my view you can't time travel because there is nothing to go to: time is a unique string made off unique events. In the same time all is information and as long as events are consistent they can happen. So if I were to be walking in a park and all of a sudden enter a scene from 1940, that would still be possible. Either as something that has happened in our time line or could have in 1940. And maybe even has happened, including me from the future, in our time line. So what happens to the things and living beings I have met during the time slip? I don't know. They could have gone on in their own time line or just blinked out.

If time is made out of slides so to say, it doesn't matter what happens in those slides as long as they are consistent with previous slides and upcoming ones.

So what propels change? I think it's inherent to the universe. As far as I can tell magnetism plays a big role. Don't know why but this might mean you can up your changes of having a time slip by being somewhere where the soil/surroundings is more magnetic than else where.

So time travel/slips to what actually has happened or will happen are not possible in my view. Going to other time lines is another thing. Yet if the above is right, time slips can occur without bleeding into another real time line.

edit on 29-11-2014 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

How about 'time' is nothing more than motion and the measurement of that motion.....

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Even if the universe wasn't inflating, there would still be time or change. Whether entopy would still rule I wonder.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

Why assume entropy rules at all? If the whole universe was 'ruled' by entropy, we wouldn't be aware of it as we'd be part of that entropy and by assumption at the same rate as everything else. That would equal 'no change' on a perception level.

I have zero idea what I'm talking about, of course, but, assuming a perception of entropy, then there might be a constant that allows entropy to be measured against/perceived.

Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The sum of entropy grows, that we know or at least we think
Thermodynamics and all

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Time is simply a mental construct that man fabricates to try and make sense of his environment.

Entropy can only exist in a physical system. Time is non physical.

edit on 29-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
To me the universe is akin to internet, information waves. Birth is like logging onto a biological computer. The information waves are akin to information on a DVD, which does not contain time, sequencing, spatial, or 3D holography, but when the programs in the computer decode the information, you can watch your movie, in our case, we participate in it.

Time is a program, one of our decoding programs in our brains to do with change and sequencing. Its not the internet ie space at all. That is an infinite information field of possibilities.
edit on 30-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I think the universe is both holographic plate (3 d) and hologram at the same time, where it updates itself all the time (pun not intended).

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
test

new topics

top topics

join