It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CD Burning Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I got a burner from my uncle a couple weeks ago and I just installed it. It works as a burner and player but I do not know how to work it. It says on the burner

"Compact Disc: Rewritable High Speed"

My first question is what kind of software if any do I need to burn music or games onto a CD. I've seen some in stores but I do not feel like shelling out 40 bucks to make some CDs, are there any programs out on the net?

And my second question is what kind of CDs do I buy? I was up a Bestbuy and they have two kinds "CD-R" and "CD-RW", what one do I buy or does'nt it matter?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, I use Nero, but you said you didnt wanna pay. So try a program called Burn4Free. You can google it, cuz i have a massive headache.

Also, CDRs are regular CDs that cant be reburned, once you burn them your done. CDRWs can be reburned over and over agained.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If you go here, you will find all the software you need...

www.burn4free.com...

A CD-R is a CD that can be written to only once. A CD-RW is a CD that can be written to many times (though the more you write to it, the more degradation in data occurs)

"With the number of options available, it can be difficult to distinguish between discs, but this an important distinction to make. While CD-R and CD-RW both come in the same capacities, what makes CD-RW different from CD-R is the fact that a CD-R disc can only be burned once. In other words, while a CD-RW can be written to multiple times in order to change the contents of the CD or fix a mistake, once you start burning a CD-R, it cannot be used again, even if there is an error with burning the CD."

peripherals.about.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

top topics

join