It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next big thing in medical science: POO TRANSPLANTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I read this article today and it really makes sense. Since so many question why one family member is fatter or thinner when both people eat similar diets, this gives a great exclamation. Also, the right bacteria can help with many medical illnesses. It is recommend to have a poo transplant over the usual probiotics available on the market but, in the event a poo transfer is not to personal liking, probiotics are the second best thing. That is until the new capsules come out with a complete bacterial spectrum found in the healthy gut. You could do a poo transfer quietly in the comfort of your own home with frozen poo or a saline and poo mixtue used in an enema, although according to the article, it's NOT RECOMMENDED. There is a testing process done to ensure a safe poo transfer! (Which I'm sure would cost thousands of dollars as a 'medical procedure') Who would've thought that poo transfer could help cure asthma, cancer and diabetes. Amazing! My only question is if Monsanto will try and patent poo bacteria.

All Bolding is mine. I also tried to paste the main points (IMHO) of the article but one should read the article in it's entirety. Read the comments as well if possible, they are both informative and hilarious!

www.theregister.co.uk...

It is known there are marked differences in gut ecology between lean and not-lean individuals

The most famous experimental example of this took samples of gut bacteria from sets of human twins where one was large and the other not, these bacteria were implanted into mice fed a low-fat healthy diet. Mice implanted with “large twin” bacteria got chunky, those with the “lean twin” bacteria didn’t. The results were repeatable and consistent – even with the same diet, the mice grew large or not based on the bacteria they had been implanted with.

edit on 11/26/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- Please don't post more than 10% of any external article.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
... You could do a poo transfer quietly in the comfort of your own home ...

It would be possible to transmit disease via that route : the poo-donors should be screened to check they are disease-free , cf. blood donors ... blood.co.uk/pdf/Donor Health Check for new and returning donors.pdf
edit on 26-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm adding a couple of reputable links in case anyone wants to further research. A search of "fecal microbiota transplantation" will get you many links for reading pleasure.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... This is a great link which discusses success rates (very high) and prevention of contamination. One main gist I got was the fecal matter needed to be very, very fresh, as in minutes.

www.mayoclinic.org...

Noting that FMT shows some potential for treating Parkinson's disease, Griesbach says she is excited about future interest in the procedure within the institution. "It is crucial to start getting data so these projects can move forward. It's only limited by our desire, imagination and cost," she says.

"The microbiome of the gut is not inactive; it's diverse and plays many roles in health and well-being that are just now being explored," Dr. Orenstein points out. "With molecular biology and the sequencing of these species, this can only get bigger. It's like the beginning of the space program."

Reply to engvybanny:

Yes, that is possible thus the recommendation to have the procedure medically supervised. But if you read the two links above, the benefits can be great and have been done by humans in one form or another for many, many years. I believe I read that some people in certain regions with diarrhea, would consume camel dung to alleviate the symptoms.
edit on 26-11-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Essentially meat bags riddled with different bacteria etc.....I can see where people could be short a few beneficial bugs in their gut.
Poo therapy could become a popular and common way to fill out the missing ones in a defectively populated intestine....
Seems we should be quickly able to encapsulate the bugs and eliminate the transplants.....
but enough....I don't want to dwell on this crap.....
edit on 26-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I dunno but this seems amazing.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A combination of light therapy, for energy not just depression in winter, and probiotics, and just stepping, possibly dancing, not running, for 20 minutes, and it can be even 10 minutes twice a day, the goal being, to get the juices activated in your tummy, so you start to feel digestion in a short while hunger. And then you just enjoy and stretch that hunger for 1=2 hours, but don't diet, just eat something finally that is healthy meal, not too heavy, but protein or a protein snack, ie hard cheese, or egg, or protein shake.

Now this works, and even I loose weight with chronic fatigue and no thyroid. BUT, what prevents it from working long term is my health always breaks down, ie sick for weeks, my heart flutters and get pains, so rest and also arthritis. Had 2 mild heart attacks years ago and the replacement desicated thyroid hormone is the culprit, because mostly heart problems went away when they kept me medicated below the dose needed for test results. If it was ideal, then my heart acted up. But, the synthetic thyroid, where I had no such problems with my heart, couldn't think straight and was in zombie mode, unable to climb stairs with laundry and even unable to speak in the afternoon, collapsed on the couch. It was a disaster until I got on the dessicated. As my thyroid produces 0 hormone as if it was removed. And my body doesnt accept the artificial or pig hormones, it wants its own back so I can't be normalized.

So health is also a big factor in various people's weights. But we have a classic situation where some are overweight, and most are thin and lean, basically, same diet. In fact 2 are on a weight gain plan, and they eat ice cream with whipped cream, and buttermilk pancakes and breakfast is cupcakes or danish's, and theyre slowly gaining. Have fairly fast metabolisms.

Metabolic rates are the biggest factors in weight loss. Not just probiotics, that restores some function but there are huge differences in metabolism in people.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Only four words for you: Not in Mine Intestines!

S&F nevertheless for the twisted yet solid logic.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mod cut out the more important information I had pasted. The poo transfers actually helped prevent breast cancer and if people check out the linked site in OP and the other two links, it's noted some of the many diseases it can help with. Many gut diseases, asthma, Parkinsons etc. We're not talking simply about some bowel issues. It's big. If it's an option to cure disease, why not? I have a friend with Parkinson, I know he would try this.

Thanks for all the comments and in all good karma, have a chitty day.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
funny i should read this thread,

A few months ago we were talking about this at work, its a treatment option for long term C-Diff that is currently used. I was pretty shocked by this but then a infectious diseases professor confirmed that they are actually using this treatment option. I was told that they use the faecal matter of family members, ewwww.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Wow...i actually thought you were taking the piss OP...but it's true.

Never heard of FMT before, so this is new to me.

Surely, it will progress to where the bacteria can easily be isolated and placed into a suitable medium, rather than just shoving a bit of frozen poo up you?

I'd imagine a pessary type of thing, using the isolated bacteria mixed with a water based gel would be easily absorbed and a better option than a poo popsicle (chilly!)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have heard of a transplant that saved a woman...she had no healthy bacteria in her bowels and the transplant restored it and saved her life... for the record... it was her Husbands poo.

this sort of reminds me of a joke about an Optirectumy.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
funny i should read this thread,

A few months ago we were talking about this at work, its a treatment option for long term C-Diff that is currently used. I was pretty shocked by this but then a infectious diseases professor confirmed that they are actually using this treatment option. I was told that they use the faecal matter of family members, ewwww.

Yes, and a VERY effective treatment. Think of all the money that could possibly be saved. And maybe the patient could choose their donor. Same blood type, sex, healthy lifestyle, organic diet, family member, whatever strikes their fancy.

I've even thought about this: If it can affect the body in deterring and fighting disease, can it affect the brain? If it can help treat Parkinson's, then could it help increase intelligence? Get a poo transfer and ace your exams? I know it's far out there but hey, this IS a conspiracy site.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Wow...i actually thought you were taking the piss OP...but it's true.

Never heard of FMT before, so this is new to me.

Surely, it will progress to where the bacteria can easily be isolated and placed into a suitable medium, rather than just shoving a bit of frozen poo up you?

I'd imagine a pessary type of thing, using the isolated bacteria mixed with a water based gel would be easily absorbed and a better option than a poo popsicle (chilly!)

Yes, they're even considering separating and isolating the important ingredients and placing in multi layered gel caps that would safely pass through stomach acid and ultimately be released in the intestines.

I think people are just turned off to the idea but the medical benefits could be major.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The next big thing in medical science: POO TRANSPLANTS

The #e you say.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
I have heard of a transplant that saved a woman...she had no healthy bacteria in her bowels and the transplant restored it and saved her life... for the record... it was her Husbands poo.

this sort of reminds me of a joke about an Optirectumy.

Antibiotics destroy the bacteria in a body so treatment could be followed up with FMT and restore the gut to a healthy status, eliminating negative effects of antibiotic treatments. I would love to be a research tech on this.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

omg !

you want to research poo?

wow...

join