It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phycist Claims There's Evidence that Nuclear Explosions Ended Life on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
A physicist named John Brandenburg is claiming that there were two thriving civilizations on Mars named Cydonia and Utopia which had technology similiar to the Egyptians but destroyed each other with Nuclear bombs.

His lecture, Evidence of Massive Thermonuclear Explosions in Mars Past, The Cydonian Hypothesis, and Fermi’s Paradox, will examine the theory, which he also advances in a paper set to be published in the Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle physics.
“Given the large amount of nuclear isotopes in Mars atmosphere resembling those from hydrogen bomb tests on Earth, Mars may present an example of civilization wiped out by a nuclear attack from space,” he wrote.

Brandenburg’s research centers around a high concentration of Xenon-129 in the atmosphere of Mars, as well as an abundance of Uranium and Thorium on the planet’s surface, as Vice notes. He claims that Mars was the site of several “massive radiological events,” which were responsible for the current concentrations of radioactive elements.

He makes an interesting point here; a point that I think should be investigated further with a manned mission to Mars. Specifically, to the two sites in question: Cydonina and Utopia. He bases his conclusions on the fact that “Analysis of new images from Odyssey, MRO, and Mars Express orbiters now show strong evidence of eroded archeological objects at these sites."

Is the truth about to finally come out that NASA knows that there was and may still be Life on Mars? What says ATS?

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

What says ATS?

You can find out here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/21/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
His hypothesis sounds interesting. I await the video or transcript of his lecture before I comment.
He proposes that the presence of Thorium suggests that nuclear weapons were detonated on Mars? Here's the map:

Source: www.inquisitr.com...

I'll wait to post more once I've seen and heard more. However, there are some great places to discuss the Mars-Was-Bombed-Theory:

twitter.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk... ysicist.html

And an excellent resource:
Motherboard Forum

Or we could just read the above-mentioned threads as Phage has provided...

edit on 21-11-2014 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What says ATS?

You can find out here:

Oh yeah. Guess I missed those.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Strange. His book “Life and Death on Mars: The New Mars Synthesis” proposes that a large asteroid impact on Mars late in its geologic history may have collapsed a persistent greenhouse regime on that planet, and that such a climatic collapse may have triggered a mass extinction of life there. astroreview.com...

Here's an analysis of his claim (a downloadable podcast and the transcript): podcast.sjrdesign.net...
Quote from the transcript:

First, I can't find anything about xenon-129 being produced in nuclear explosions. In supernovae, sure, those produce pretty much everything. They're an alchemist's dream. But not a nuclear weapon. The only stuff I could find on the production of xenon-129 is from the decay of radioactive iodine-129 into xenon-129. Iodine-129 has a half-life of about 16 million years, meaning that within 160 million years, less than 0.1% of the original amount of iodine-129 will remain. Meaning that all the iodine-129 originally part of any planet will have decayed by now into xenon-129 unless you're a young-Earth creationist. So, again, problem #1 so far is that unless this is top-secret knowledge or Google has failed me, xenon-129 is not produced in nuclear bombs. Which pretty much is the foundation of his idea.

He's also the face-on-Mars believer, and peddles other UFO and government conspiracies theories.

[Edit] His claim is not exactly new, here's him in 2011 proposing that it was a natural nuclear explosion: www.foxnews.com...
However, other scientists comment that it would have been a reaction that happened over a long period of time, not a nuclear explosion.
edit on 21-11-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Please continue in the existing thread. Thanks.

top topics

join