It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for your favorite member (was: New Forum Features!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
EDIT---
We have a lot of new members lately, so I decided to bring this old thread that describes the Way Above Top Secret Award back into public awareness. If you see an excellent post by someone, do not forget to give them one of your three votes for the Way Above award.

Don't hit that "vote" button until you know what it does!

Every member now has three votes per month to cast toward the newly reinstated "Way Above Top Secret" award! So now every member can have a say in who is Way Above, so make your three votes count.

Winners of the "Way Above Top Secret" award will receive permanent special recognician in their profile specifying the month in which they won. They will also receive additional recognician for one month following their win. Also, they will get a coveted @abovetopsecret.com e-mail account.

You can't vote for yourself.

You can't vote for staff.

And you can't vote for the same person more than once.

This is a brand new feature, so there may be one or two bugs. If you find one, let me know.

The ignore feature works the same as previously advertised.

[Edited on 27-6-2003 by William]

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by William]

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Staff Warnings

Moderators and Administrators see a "warn" link with your posts. If you're a bad-boy, they'll click the link which adds one warning you to your profile and you get a U2U letting you know.

Each warning lasts exactly 72 hours.

If you get five warnings (it maxes out at 5), a posting ban is automatically applied (you can still send U2U's to discuss your case with staff).

The length of your ban is essentially how much time is left on your first warning... since 5 active warnings triggers the ban... as soon as a warning expires, you can post again... but usually this means you'll have 4 active warnings.

Staff Applause

This is the opposite of a warning, yet lasts forever (and warnings do not remove applause).

Moderators and Administrators also see an "applause" link. They will let you know about your positive contributions to Above Top Secret by clicking on this link and adding "Insider Appreciation" to your profile. This new attribute will be displayed as a fourth, yellow bar in your status area.

You'll also get a U2U for each of your applause.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I love it....VOTE FOR ME :-D
Well done william.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thanks for being so helpful and informative. We praise your hard work here as an administrator at ATS. You have gone out of your way to make ATS all the more better each time you see an oppurtunity. I like that. Changes mean new oppurtunities and new oppurtunities translate into knowledge, and that is what ATS is all about. Knowledge.

[Edited on 2-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well doen William, you have realy outdone yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
William,

You are doing a first class job, it just keeps getting better and better.

Damn, wish you were our IT guy at work!

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
abovetopsecret.com just gets better day by day.

Good Job Mods and Admins

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Interesting new features, you never cease to amaze us. All these features make ATS that much more enjoyable, many thanks to William, the admin's, and the mods for making ATS what it is.

See what kinds of cool things they come up with when they're not chasing trolls.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yeah William, I gotta give ya props on this one! Excellent feature!

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Great job with all these new features. I especially like the vote option for the Way Above Award. Its a good idea to make the members part of the process.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
An excellent innovation William.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
1--How many times is this award given out???

2--Can staff vote???

3--Can we vote for any member other than ourselves, or do they have to have a certain amount of posts???

4--When and where can we see the results.

5--If someone votes for me, would I know about it, and who that person was???

I think that is it. But I thought I had more. If anyone can answer these anal questions than that would be great.

Abe

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
1--How many times is this award given out???

Once every month.

2--Can staff vote???

Not for the way above, but we contribute to your "Insider Appreciation" bar.

3--Can we vote for any member other than ourselves, or do they have to have a certain amount of posts???

Anyone.

4--When and where can we see the results.

You will know the winner on July 1 for June's votes.

5--If someone votes for me, would I know about it, and who that person was???

No.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok sounds like another conspiracy to me. LOL

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I really like this william it will greatly increase the quality of post i love it. Are you making this or finding these hacks online??? What other board is this kool GO ATS

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I'm making these Hacks to XMB on my own. The only "hack" I've used from other XMB hack forums is a piece of the "portal hack" for the left-side menu on the main page.

There are many additional "under the surface" hacks you'll never know about that greatly enhance the security of XMB on ATS.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I like that new thing that when I go back a page I can see te new posts rather than having to refresh the page every time I go back.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
wow william without you this wud be one dysfunctinal board

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Ok sounds like another conspiracy to me. LOL

That wasn't directed at me was it????????

If it was, then you have got my vote.

We need more humour like that.

It takes the tension away.

Good job.

Abraham

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have problems understanding this.

Exactly when are we allowed to start voting, and where???

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join