It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts school first in the nation to deploy new ‘shooter detection system’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

The system they are installing in the Boston school seems reasonable. Add a camera system, facial recognition, possible x-ray tech and you have no place to hide.

Do you actually think a person intent on mass murder plans on hiding. The insanity that drives a person to such extremes trumps logic and self preservation. The Boston system is just another boondoggle money pit, replete with kickbacks, no bid contracts and payoffs to contractors for their campaign contributions. Corruption hiding in a BS high tech package that will do absolutely nothing to make the students safer imo!

A rule of thumb when dealing with government contracts and bureaucracies; ask yourself....."who profits"
edit on 12-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2014 by olaru12 because: $%^HH*

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: eisegesis

The system they are installing in the Boston school seems reasonable. Add a camera system, facial recognition, possible x-ray tech and you have no place to hide.

Do you actually think a person intent on mass murder plans on hiding. The insanity that drives a person to such extremes trumps logic and self preservation. The Boston system is just another boondoggle money pit, replete with kickbacks, no bid contracts and payoffs to contractors for their campaign contributions. Corruption hiding in a BS high tech package that will do absolutely nothing to make the students safer imo!

A rule of thumb when dealing with government contracts and bureaucracies; ask yourself....."who profits"

I believe you took my response to the other poster out of context.

tramman2000 said...

Good system to have set up all over society, for when it all goes to s&*t and they want to pinpoint "resistors", if society did go bang, where would people seek refuge?....schools, stadiums ect....what do you all reckon?

I was merely entertaining his idea and being a good OP. I don't completely agree with what that person said but my response was directed towards the average citizen and not an active shooter.

The Boston system is just another boondoggle money pit, replete with kickbacks, no bid contracts and payoffs to contractors for their campaign contributions.

This is where I agree with you but would like to remain on the fence. The only way for these systems to be proven effective is for there to actually be an active shooter situation. If they were installed everywhere and there was never another shooting incident I can't say for sure if the money was wasted. It's not something I wish would happen so we can justify the price tag. Get what I mean?

<< 1   >>

join