It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple Heart's Final Beat - A Soldier Suicide Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I really cant describe this video, it has to deal with the aftermath of what drives some soldiers and vets to kill themselves after deployment

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As a veteran who spent most of my time in Iraq, this video really hit home. Im sitting here right now on the couch while my little boy is sleeping with his head in my lap. Am I a monster? Am I misguided? Did I do things morally wrong in your mind? When this little boy wakes up he will look at his daddy with innocense and love. All he knows is love. He wont judge me. He wont look at me like an animal. Im his "DA".

I almost missed this innocense because of suicide. I was in a very dark place and had inner turmoil most people just simply dont understand. Thousands experience this everyday and aren't as lucky. Are they monsters? Are they misguided? No, they are men and women. Mommys and daddys.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

you know there are so many things vets go through when they get back....one I go through myself that I rarely see mentioned is boredom....

After combat and an amazing adventure there just isnt that much that is as exciting. I have about 6 hobbies that I take seriously to try to fill the time and keep me distracted. I was never like that before...

Makes it harder to relate to others...
edit on 11-11-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Chilling. That would be a good start to a long line of adjectives.

Happy Veteran's day everyone.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death." --Sun Tzu

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Powerful and tragic video.

top topics

join