It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police probe discovery of headless torso in Alabama....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well this isn't something you see every day in this small town. A headless torso was found, after a hand and arm were found miles from the area. The only "identifying" thing on the find was a ring on the hand. They don't say if it was a wedding ring, or whether it was a man or woman. They also don't state whether the arm/hand is believed to be from the same body, though having it in the story infers it a bit. Odd that these parts were found miles away from each other. Just a strange murder for this town I think.

www.wsfa.com...

MAGNOLIA SPRINGS, Ala. (AP) - Sheriff's officials in south Alabama say a headless torso has been recovered near Magnolia Springs after authorities found a severed arm and hand over the weekend.

Baldwin County Sheriff Huey Mack said Monday that the torso was dumped south of Magnolia Springs with no visible clothing.

Mack says the body was partially submerged in water beneath the Weeks Creek Bridge, miles east of where parts of a human arm and hand were found on Sunday.

Mack has said the only identifying detail of the remains that have been recovered so far is a ring that was on the severed hand investigators recovered. Mack says a local resident taking a walk saw the torso in the creek and called authorities.

Mack says investigators will work into the night on this case.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There is always a certain creepyness factor with cases like this. And for some strange reason I find it interesting, I guess too much crime tv.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
There is always a certain creepyness factor with cases like this. And for some strange reason I find it interesting, I guess too much crime tv.

Oh I always find these the most interesting. I mean it takes a pretty strong stomach to be able to chop someone up like that I think. These are the kinds of cases that I start looking into the area to see if others happened nearby with a similar MO. This type of killing always makes me think of serial killer, but I think it is more likely drug related.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well, it seems to me that there are only a certain number of ways that a hand, an arm, and a torso, not to mention a head, can be disarticulated from a body.

One way, would be if a body drops, and is then picked apart by a variety of carrion eaters, or is killed by a predator animal, which will then take its pick of the choicest parts to consume at its convenience, after which the carrion animals come and pull the rest of the remains apart. The likelihood of that being the cause here, depends on the region, and by extension on which animals are present in the area.

Another way would be deliberate efforts on the part of a killer to dispose of the body, to distribute the remains around as wide an area as possible, in order that they are harder to recover. Barring freak accident, I think this is the more likely cause. Bodies do not simply disarticulate themselves, that is for damned sure.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am also guessing that they are assuming the body is not someone from the area as that town only has a population of 723 people.....likely someone in a small town like that would have been reported missing....small towns where everyone knows everyone!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I am also guessing that they are assuming the body is not someone from the area as that town only has a population of 723 people.....likely someone in a small town like that would have been reported missing....small towns where everyone knows everyone!

Very true!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Maybe it was a "gator" after they were dumped...

Range and Habitat
The American alligator is found in wetlands throughout the coastal plain of the southeastern United States. Viable alligator populations are found in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. They can be found in almost any type of fresh water, but population densities are greatest in wetlands with an abundant food supply and adjacent marsh habitat for nesting.

Magnolia Springs Alligator Habitat
Certainly doesn't explain the initial death but, maybe could be an explanation for the body parts all around?

Prayers for the family, of course.

edit on 11-11-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yep, either a stranger or someone no one liked.

I saw this story this morning and wondered why they didn't just label dismembered torso, since a torso without a head would also likely not have limbs. Right?

That's disturbing.

Cartel or gang murder?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Give it a year it'll be on ID on one of theor shows.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

i live just about 40 miles east of there in fl.
they have got a probable ID and are searching his home and also for his wife.

there is also this update, they suspect his stepson and are searching for his stepmother and the stepson.

Mack has confirmed the human remains found in Magnolia Springs were those of 87-year-old Kenneth Bryan Hood. He also said authorities are still searching for Hood’s wife and stepson. Public records indicate his wife’s name is Carolyn Joyce Hood. According to online records William Alvin Minton lives at the same address. Neighbors say Minton is Hood’s stepson. Minton is a registered sex offender.
Sheriff’s office responds to Foley home regarding Magnolia Springs remains

edit on 11-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join