It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axiom of Consciousness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
source

Consciousness states that consciousness exists--in particular, that any assertion pertaining to reality implies the existence of a conscious entity making that assertion. For example, the assertion, "The sun is shining," implies the existence of a conscious entity that is claiming that the sun is shining, thus showing that consciousness exists. (This implication remains valid whether or not the assertion is true or false--in this case, whether or not the sun is actually shining.)

So I became curious about this topic listening to a podcast about everything theory and how the head scientist or researcher on this subject talked about quantifying axioms.

Almost immediately I thought to myself... What about the axiom of consciousness or self awareness or creativity?

So now... I ask you... What do think about the axiom of consciousness?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Unless you can connect such axiom with the rest of natural science, it is as scientifically fertile as an infinite number of "axioms" such as -- "ajshdkah exists".

Present natural science has a large blind spot for consciousness and no one knows how to fix it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nightlight7

That's right, that's because of the ego. They can't and don't want to admit to the totality of life and consciousness. They are afraid to connect it all back to the self.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I take my ideal from classical greek philosophy. The axiom was base but positive.

Of course there are many resonant thoughts along the same paths with many differing cultures it's still "General Relativity" after all.

I find the question, Is it a giant computer? Or 'can' it be the we are riding on a giant green turtle the threw up the universe. To be an easy analogy.

Either way the inter connectivity of it is unmistakable.

Cheers,
edit on 9-11-2014 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2014 by Treespeaker because: Bad spelling.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

A conscious entity shows that a conscious entity exists, not that consciousness exists. This logic is connected only by silly string.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
source

Consciousness states that consciousness exists--in particular, that any assertion pertaining to reality implies the existence of a conscious entity making that assertion. For example, the assertion, "The sun is shining," implies the existence of a conscious entity that is claiming that the sun is shining, thus showing that consciousness exists. (This implication remains valid whether or not the assertion is true or false--in this case, whether or not the sun is actually shining.)

So I became curious about this topic listening to a podcast about everything theory and how the head scientist or researcher on this subject talked about quantifying axioms.

Almost immediately I thought to myself... What about the axiom of consciousness or self awareness or creativity?

So now... I ask you... What do think about the axiom of consciousness?

"Awareness is Immortal, Eternal, Unlimited and can stand by Itself. It is what it IS. Consciousness is always of something, limited and finite."Nisargadatta Maharaj

"Everything is Consiousness" Lord Buddha

The Truth is simple and The Key to the mystery of the Universe is the lifespan of the electron. It will only last 100 billion trillion years. The entire manifest Universe and all possible parallel universe fall within this linear time frame but Awareness is both and niether and beyond both. Awareness is Unlimited, Immortal Eternal and all pervading. It imagines Consciousness to be. They are two side of the same coin and yet one is manifest and the other is unmanifest.

From the Nothingness of Unlimited Awareness came The Everything held in its imagination.

You are neither the body or the mind.

It only requires a change of understanding only. You Already are The Supreme Unlimited Being.

"Salvation is to see things as they already are. You want to save the world don't You? Can you save the world before saving yourself? And what means being saved? Save them from what? From Illusion! That is the real difficulty the person must disappear. There is no life, there is no death, there is no person. It's all an illusion." Nisargadatta

The Universe and all possible parallel Universe are born in You not You in them.

top topics

join