It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality vs Insanity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

I'm sorry I don't know about prozac. But medicine alone is not the way to tackle any kind of mental health issue, never.
Also atomic bombs and space travelling, robotics and stuff are making faster progress, because they are
1. "Sexier", you can make more money with it, for example
2. Every individual is different, while physics works in clear formulas, psychology is facing the problem of a wider variety of variable problems. No two bulemic persons have that issue for the same reason and there for won't respond in the exact same way to the exact same treatment.
3. Hormons influence our behaviour. That's an undeniable fact, and biology not psychology.

And in your favour I'll ignore the demons talk. Because that's just as crazy as believing in witchcraft. So respect the trade or I'll throw a fireball your way. Sorry, my jokes are just bad today...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There have been some charismatic "leaders" who were probably either clinicly mental, or a charlatan of sorts.... one comes to mind, Jim Jones. He talked bunches of people into trusting him, and eventually into taking their own lives. It is truly sad. That is insanity of one kind or another. Then there is the David Koresh guy who really thought he was the second coming of Jesus, quite literally. And we all know how that turned out.

Then there's the truly spiritual person... Ramakrishna was one. A disciple of his wrote a book about him, called "Ramakrishna and His Disciples". Wikipedia says this

Ramakrishna describes his first spiritual ecstasy at the age of six: while walking along the paddy fields, a flock of white cranes flying against a backdrop of dark thunder clouds caught his vision. He reportedly became so absorbed by this scene that he lost outward consciousness and experienced indescribable joy in that state.[14][15] Ramakrishna reportedly had experiences of similar nature a few other times in his childhood—while worshipping the goddess Vishalakshi, and portraying god Shiva in a drama during Shivaratri festival. From his 10th or 11th year on, the trances became common, and by the final years of his life, Ramakrishna's samādhi periods occurred almost daily.[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Then there is the David Koresh guy who really thought he was the second coming of Jesus, quite literally. And we all know how that turned out.

Yes he was murdered by the state along with women and children.

I dont see why hes to blame for that?

He didnt put a shape charge on the concrete bunker that the women and children were hiding in, which summarily imploded the people inside it. He didnt come rolling in with tanks and military, when posse comitatus was still a thing.

All they wanted was the right to be free in the land of the free. But we know there is no such thing right?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I do not feel capable of judging another, especially at this time (not saying I'm looking to).

I have been told I have problems that I don't have, been labeled because I didn't accept them or conform to them, ridiculed through stigma and self resentment, and hurt by those I love all without them truly understanding anything. I do not put blame on them, but I do feel quite upset without being able to properly channel my emotion to some place.

I really need a release, I also need a lot more love than I've felt recently. It may sound childish or immature to have such feelings, but I will not hide them because I'm worried about what another will think. That is how we ended up here in the first place.

The idea of sharing experiences to gain confirmation and removal of doubt (of our own mind) is incredibly hard to get rid of, but I do see the virtue in keeping some things to oneself. Sharing ideas and nurturing paths that another can take is probably the best way to enhance the emotional body into a higher state.

I'm glad to see the OP mention that they realized what they were doing, if that is not some sort of success than I don't know what is. You will be a lot happier now when you see how much more is possible, and how you can build your bull# meeter as you truly see what is.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: meomy

I think what differentiates such snap decisions is getting the feel that someone is still logically connected to some kind of tangible reality and making sense, displaying capacity…

True, the experiences are very nearly connected. One person's spiritual enlightenment, is just as surely described as a psychosis. But then, perhaps it's the reaction of the experiencer, and how they assimilate such an experience.
Just as some medical conditions are listed as stigmata by the church, but psychologically hysterical, medically.
Again, I think it depends on how the experiencer presents…..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join