It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Version of Kill Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Growling Lion
Whoops! Lets move my kill theory back about 10000 years when there were saber-tooth tigers and wholly mammoths and any other dangerous animal - I propose that these were killed off by man.

Molecular cloud, gamma ray burst, solar minimum, supervolcanic outbursts, asteroid strike, viral outbreak, climate change, georeactor cycle (pole shift)- even with high tech, man has a hard time matching Nature's own powers of extinction.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
But we're definitly no lame meat. ^
How do you expect man to even evolve with the dinosaurs. Anything above mouse size is prey. Even if we were there miraculously, stone spears vs. a T-rex? An argentinosaurus? A superfast raptor? You must understand we didn't have anything but say stone spears in our early years. Metal wasn't discovered uuntil sometime later, after fire.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Its quite funny to see allot of people saying in this thread. Oh yeah we killed dinosaurs with our spear oh yes that can be done easily.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
While I have no doubt that there may have been ele's that killed off many lifeforms on earth such as the dinosaurs, it wouldn't suprise me if something other than that occured.

I suppose if you buy some into some of the ideas that we came from somewhere else in the universe you could conclude that we or who ever brought us here helped prepare the earth for us to live and one of those preparations could have included destroying most (if not all) of the more dangerous dinosaurs so that we could have a chance to live here.

I don't know why, but I've always had the weird idea that they were killed off on purpose and not just by accident as we've always been told. No - I have no evidence to back that up - it's just something I've always thought. Though knowing our most recent past it wouldn't suprise me if we hunted them to extinction either, as your idea suggests.

If we were to decide in our future to colonize another planet & we found lifeforms there that would make it too difficult if not impossible for our species to survive I don't think we would have a problem killing them off & maybe even relocating them. Even today when we build near wilderness areas we end up killing off many animals such as wolves, bears & cougers.

If one believes that life exists elsewhere one would have to conclude that it's possible that dinosaurs still exist somewhere else in the universe. Some lucky or unlucky astronaut (Ripley) might meet them sometime in the future.

Another idea - If the earth was someones playground for designing lifeforms using DNA & maybe the dinosaurs were some of their early creations & they decided to get rid of them in order to make room for us. Then I guess you could say we were an experiment further down the line or you could say God killed the dinosaurs off so he/she could make us.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by outsider]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join