It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about the ET/UFO thing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7

Coming across as a/an 'insufferably know-it-all' (IKIA) is really a product of the reader not the poster. But how about we agree that anything is possible and we can just end this thread as useless speculation?

Contrary to popular belief, "anything is possible" is incorrect.

Anything is not possible just because we imagine it.

The universe is governed by physical laws so when we say "anything is possible" it is within the realm of the physical laws, chemistry, etc of the universe not in violation or in opposition to them.

There is nothing wrong with speculation as long as it is informed speculation.
edit on 16-11-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I have had many ufo sightings here in Africa,and some of those were witnessed by my husband and some of my children also.It is,however,perfectly understandable that you are sceptical,if you have not had many,or even one such sighting.To my family,who have had these experiences,ufo's are a cold hard fact(what/whence ever their source) [/post]

No one is arguing that UFOs don't exist. One rightly is skeptical when people believe they are the manifestation of an extraterrestrial intelligence when that is the least likely explanation.

A lot of people jump straight from seeing something they can't identify easily to believing it is proof of aliens visiting the Earth.

Any intelligent person would be rightly skeptical of that leap of faith or rush to judgement.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
Despite being open to it, some things about the UFO/ET thing make me think it's unlikely they exist in the real world. At this point I don't think ETs exist in our proximity but I do recognise there are some unknown sky phenomena/sightings which I, of course, lack explanation to. As there's a lot to do about the subject on this site I was wondering what your views are on my concerns and doubts regarding the existence of extraterrestrials and their vehicles.

Hello.

I've been interested in and studying this phenomenon ever since I was a young teenager. My thoughts on the UFO phenomenon over the years have oscillated between 'there is nothing here' and 'there's more to it than meets the eye', but my final conclusion is that there really is nothing extraordinary going on, and that has remained a constant for quite some time. I know a lot more about science and the natural world now than before, and hence I've long come to the conclusion that the idea of ET coming to visit Earth is not fit for anything more than a nice little story or the big screens in Hollywood. I'm also convinced that we are almost certainly alone in the galaxy, given the 60 year ongoing SETI experiment and the Fermi paradox, and we probably could be alone in the universe.

The only logical conclusion one can draw from all of this is that all genuine UFO sightings that cannot be explained due to insufficient information would eventually be explained in terms of natural or man-made phenomena once more data is produced.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MathematicalPhysicistI'm also convinced that we are almost certainly alone in the galaxy, given the 60 year ongoing SETI experiment

There is a common misconception that SETI covered all frequencies and all of the sky in those 60 years. Nothing could be further from the truth.

As Jill Tarter put it, SETI until recently has been like going to the seashore, dipping a bucket in the water and looking for a fish in it, then concluding there are no fish in the ocean!

This is the the amount of sky and frequency space SETI has examined in that 60 years.....

And that's just within the tiny "water hole" sliver of an already small part of the electromagnetic spectrum known as radio/microwave.

See that "Water Hole" sliver? Most SETI experiments over the last 60 years until relatively recently was done in that tiny part of the radio spectrum.

SETI has only just begun looking for things in the millimeter, infrared, optical and other parts of the spectrum.

There are also whole chunks of the spectrum our atmosphere is mostly opaque to.

And why stay focused on just the EM spectrum? There are other vast spaces in which alien technology could be detectable so SETI is beginning to look at that as well:

So I'd say it is -highly- premature to use 60 years of very limited observations. Most of these experiments were not continuous 24/7/365 operations but more like "look a little here for a few weeks" type experiments.

The Allen Telescope Array which is in operation and the Square Kilometer Array which is being constructed (illustration below) will be 24/7 operations which are covering more sky and more sensitive at more wavelengths than all previous experiments.

And that's not even talking about proposed searches for city lights on exoplanets and other types of SETI which is not looking for communication but simply artificiality.

So I'd say we've only really begun to search.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well,I can only speak for myself.my own life and experiences,so I will do that.In the physical,I have woken up many many times with birthmarklike bruises under my skin,which usually fades by the evening,to reveal a needlemark underneath.Sometimes over veins.I have woken up with injuries,where I am almost debilitated,and in fact bedridden for the entire day or more,from the pain of what feels like muscle injuries(and I am by all accounts a quiet sleeper,not given to thrashing about+doing gymnastics while I sleep) These experiences happen in a "dreamstate" /dreamlike state-but the concurring injuries are there in the morning.

For instance,I had an experience where I was in the presence of a humanlooking doctor,and nurse.The medical equipment was very futuristic though,not like anything medical science is using at this time,even in the most advanced nations.Not what's being used on the public,anyway.I was injected in my right upper arm-and when I woke,for that whole day and into the next day,my arm was heavy,pins and needles,extremely painful,almost debilitated.To this day,that soreness,heaviness and pain returns sometimes.Never ever had any trouble whatsoever with that arm before that experience,but now those symptoms are with me,no matter how many weeks or even months pass,it always returns.

Furthermore,it is not just the unexplained needlemarks,bruises,cuts,pain and injuries etc on waking-it is an insidious phenomenon,encompassing every single aspect of one's life since earliest childhood.I have an indelible memory of a day when I was 3 years old,which I can pinpoint as my first experience.I think of it in my own mind,as the day my life was lost.The first experience I was aware of,due to most of my memories starting at age 3-I only have one memory of when I was an actual baby,and that's a pleasant memory,thank goodness.

I cannot speak of whether some people's experiences could be all in their minds-i would not presume to,because I am living my life not theirs.So I cannot know what goes on in their lives and minds.I know what is going on in My life and mind,so for myself,I can tell you it is not a "just in the mind" thing,no.Absolutely not.

Being an abductee,having my life and lifepath interfered with since earliest childhood,has indeed shaped my life,and my destiny.People who even will consider the abductee phenom as a remote possibility,whether it is done by ET factions/interdimensional factions/terrestrial factions ustilising secret highly advanced black programmes tech/a combination of the previous-they still can not possibly comprehend how big this thing is,how invasive+pervasive in the life of an individual.How it leaves Nothing untouched,no area or facet of that person's life.You've seen the movie The Truman Show,maybe? Well that does'nt even come close-but it's a start,to just get a faint idea of what I'm talking of.

I have said what I have to say.I could write a book about all I Could say,but I won't ever write such a book. What I have said is sufficient,for you to take or leave,and I am perfectly allright with what it is you decide to think of my reply.It really does'nt matter to me.I am replying out of courtesy only.And I mean that in a nice way.But in the end it really does'nt matter.It changes nothing.

a reply to: Maverick7

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7
Btw,why is it slightly more outrageous that a Medical Doctor(your emphasis) is responsible for a hoax
? They are not more or less respectworthy or illustrious than Joe and Jill Everybody.They just had the opportunity/financial ability/specific desire to study medicine.Doctors don't walk on water,they wash in it,just like the rest of us.Just saying

edit on 16-11-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As I said,in my reply,I am unsure as to their source.I keep an open mind.I consider it a possibility that they are of terrestrial origin.But that could,imo,mean terrestrial-human,Or, terrestrial non-human race.There is always the possibility that other races Are here.Or that somehow ET as in aliens,Have a way of getting around the obstacles of the physics the human race's physicists are aware of at this point.We know very little about the ocean,when you consider the vastness and depth of it.Contrary to how it seems to some people, Every place on Earth or beneath the Earth's crust,every inch of this planet,inside the planet,and inside the oceans,has not been explored.There's still a lot of terrain left where humans have never set foot.

Also what we call ET,implying from "outer space" could well be interdimensional.Just because the human race has,as far as we are told,anyway,not the means for physical interdimensionsl travel,say like,in the series Fringe,that type of thing-does not mean that those in other dimensions are stuck in the same rut.

Tabs.It's like tabs on your pc.Say you had a pc that could only operate on one tab-and that tab was permanently and exclusively connected to ATS only (let's equate ATS to the sum of human tech and scientific knowledge,which has taken them basically to the moon,and allowed them to have nifty gadgets that entertain a lotta folks+that's It.) That would be the human race.
But if you can operate your pc using 5 tabs with permanent connections to 5 different sites(worlds/dimensions) within the internet(the omniverse)you have a bit more capability and flexibility.You also have a more advanced piece of tech than the suckers on the 3rd rock from the sun with their one-trick pony.That would be interdimensional factions.

I did say repeatedly that I'm not scientifically well versed at all,so pardon my clumsy way of explaining my thoughts.I'm sure you get the idea though.What is generally accepted as from "outer space" could well be interdimensional races.We don't know what physics would apply in that case.Anyway,just toying with ideas here.Not having an aptitude for maths and science/physics does'nt mean one is unintelligent though.I pick up languages at the drop of a hat,and I am extraordinarily creative,also I can improvise like nobody's business.Imo it does'nt reflect negatively on my intelligence,whatever it may be or not be,to consider the possibility that some of the ufo sighting we have had,and that many other people have had-are Not of human terrestrial origin.a reply to: JadeStar

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Also what we call ET,implying from "outer space" could well be interdimensional.

This is oft repeated but there is little evidence for a) other dimensions populated by sentient beings b) travel between dimensions being possible.

It is a far more "out there" idea than aliens from 38 light years travelling to the Earth.

Just being far out there doesn't make it any more likely true or real. It actually makes it less likely to be true.

It should be noted that if anyone were ripping apart space/time to travel from another dimension within our Earth's atmosphere, we'd all know about it and it wouldn't be a gentle thing either given the energies it would take to do that.

Think the energy of about 1 trillion hydrogen bombs and you're getting close to what it would take to open up some sort of dimensional portal.

It's safe to say that isn't happening the way a lot of the New Age UFO contactee crowd allege.

Critical thought > New age nonsense

Simply wanting something to be true does not make it so.

While you may not be fluent in math or physics you should trust those who are more than someone who blatantly isn't.

After all, you don't go to your auto mechanic to have heart surgery...
edit on 17-11-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply.I'm not particularly invested in any theory eg interdimensional,was just speculating according to the theories I have read,all I really am after,would be finding some answers to the strange life I have had,and the compelling ufo sightings we've had.I don't particularly Want any theory to be the truth over another.I just would like the truth,whatever it turns out to be.The faction/force that hijacked my life in early childhood has had the same effect on my life and lifepath,whatever it's origin may be. As for the whole New Age scene in general,the only part of that I really give credence to after having read a lot of NA subject matter,would be the info about plant elixirs,natural/homeopathic remedies and some of the natural healing modalities.But those are old wisdoms,not really NA anyway.

Either way,I doubt I am going to find answers to whom is responsible for my being an abductee,or who created the ufo's that have frequented the skies above this region of the province.If they are from terrestrial human sources,it's propably not likely that any revelations will be forthcoming in the foreseeable future.A nice day to you.

a reply to: JadeStar

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

I see the same "problems" with the simple UFOs are alien spaceship. Also hard to take are the different races and so on. All in all what I came up with researching the UFO phenomena, is that its better to untangle UFOs and Aliens. The biggest misstake to make is to whitewash all witnesses just because some whitnesses are credible and you dont want to hurt the others.

The last thing I red about abductions, and that is where the greys come from, is that small greys and big greys are some kind of slave race or robots acting on behalf of the tall blondes. What you are left with are Reptilian that came out of David Ickes Books. However no, realy no evidence for their existence exists. The only connections are made in ancient relicts but that are very far fetched theories. By this the only alien "race" actively "working" on earth today are the Grey-White group. But than again, it is in no way indicated where they actually come from. Before the 80s most encounters (Alien coming out of a landed ship) describe very humanlike creatures, talking wordly languages. And there are very few such stories and some have been debunked since. No need for alien theories until the 80s realy. Funny dont you think?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar
Nevermind ET, how many TV channels can you get with this?

edit on 26-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
Nevermind ET, how many TV channels can you get with this?

Hundreds of thousands. Except that 99 percent of them show nothing but Big Bang Theory reruns.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join