It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone up for a trip to Rotto? 5.5M GW locals!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
She's a beauty alright..

OK, so it wasn't primarily stalking the boat, it was stalking the whale carcass..

on top of that, some adrenalin junky thought it would be a good idea to sit on the carcass.

Link

You cant breed stupidy like that.. it must grow naturally.

rottenest, is a small island about 45mins off the coats of Perth. Its a holiday destination, camping place.. you catch the ferry and enjoy the beaches.

I did all my scuba diving certification off Rotto - 8yrs back! ... there's been so many of these 5m + beasts off Rotto this past few years.. I'm amazed people still go there
edit on pm1111308012014-11-01T23:11:27-05:00112014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That is scary fish. Oddly, my first thought was about the case of stinkass one gets from sitting on a rotting whale.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

We had a whale carcass here a few years ago and people were climbing on it as sharks were feeding. This one dickhead even took his kid on there with himself. Some people simple should not breed.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

In a way its good to see thrill seekers are alive and well and that he wont be yanked off the carcass by cops, body slammed and have six cops standing on his back like is likely to happen in the US.

Although, I just hope this bloke thought about it for a minute before he did it.
edit on 2-11-2014 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
ugh why are people so stupid! he must have wanted a cool pic to post too his fb page or something.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

THE Perth man who risked his life diving into shark-infested waters to climb on to a rotting whale carcass says he won’t do anything like it again and even his parents think he’s an idiot. Harrison Williams, of Quinns Rock, north of Perth, said: “I was out on the boat with the boys and one of my mates said it would be pretty funny to surf the whale so I did it.” The 26-year-old said he saw the sharks, including a massive great white, but they did not deter him from getting into the water. “They were too busy chomping on the whale so it wasn’t too bad,” he said. Mr Williams told Seven News it was not until he was on top of the whale that he realised the danger and stupidity of his actions. “Definitely not (wouldn’t do it again) ... I’ve done it, I don’t need to do it again. Definitely it was a stupid act, didn’t mean to disrespect anyone, mum thinks I’m an idiot, dad’s not too proud either,” he said.

Link

I wouldn't be too proud if i were his parents either. 26 is old enough too know better.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I live in Perth and saw this today. What seriously puts someone into a position to do this? I Mean seriously? At what point in a persons life does an event occur that results in them swimming into water with a shark to climb on top of a dead whale. I honestly cannot think of how a story could possibly begin that ends with that. My brain is overloaded, and I think I'm about to have an aneurism, from the sheer stupidity of people.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Hmmm...are GW's tasty?

Let's breed them and eat them if they aren't endangered. A fish this size would be easy to catch, just bait the water around with fish guts and wait for them to turn up.

Better swimming in sauce than swimming in the water next to surfers etc.

new topics

top topics

join