It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch Brothers attacked in the movie "The Campaign"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
In this movie the "Moch" brothers fund a political campaign for their own personal business gains.

The Tea Party is also massively attacked in a family guy episode.

The Koch brothers only put 24 million into political campaigns, I think Obama got like 200 million.

I also saw a movie where a very slow in the head character named "Alex Jones" was a suspected child abductor.

It seems like the establishment is scared (*)(*)(*)(*)less of Koch.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The "Timing" was impeccable.

It was just in time for the elections.

And perfect for future "excuses" that have been exhibited !!

Always a "Plan B" lurking in the playbook.

That movie is still playing at Washington D.C. theaters right?

1/2 price discount available with voter registration i.d.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I think "The Campaign" did a fine job of "Moching" the entire political process.

Turning that into a smear against the Koch brothers, is like a politician actually punching a baby in the mouth.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Brock

The Koch brothers are the establishment. What world are you living on? They are massively wealthy guys who use their money to lessen the power of the singular everyday American voter. Democrat or Republican makes little difference.

The establishment is the moneyed elites running the show. The Koch brothers are just the most well known and must reviled at the moment. They aren't even the big fish. The big fish don't go public and don't get their hands dirty.

The Tea Party aren't the best either. They might not be the establishment but they certainly aren't helping much. They've mostly served to polarized politics even more. The moderate Republicans can't even be moderate because the Tea Party trashes them. They'll get stronger and stronger as things get worse. Politics have never been more polarized than right now.

I just can't wait to see the Democrat version of the Tea Party. That sound be fun. Rabid PETA members, overzealous environmentalist who think humans are a plague and should die, and other extreme caricatures of Democrats. When the Democrat Tea Party shows up, America is just plain finished. Compromise will be beyond impossible at that point.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brock
In this movie the "Moch" brothers fund a political campaign for their own personal business gains.

The Tea Party is also massively attacked in a family guy episode.

The Koch brothers only put 24 million into political campaigns, I think Obama got like 200 million.

I also saw a movie where a very slow in the head character named "Alex Jones" was a suspected child abductor.

It seems like the establishment is scared (*)(*)(*)(*)less of Koch.

Serious? David Koch ran as the vice presidential candidate for the Libertarian party in 1980 they have poured hundreds of millions of dollars into there political action groups since. $84 billion isn't enough money for them they need more money and more power. They wish to pollute at will regardless of public safety, for profit. You can research there political propaganda going back to the 80's and it's the same crap they preach today. They would be more of a force in our politics if they didn't chose there candidates based on there insane ideology and and was successful getting these people elected in 2010 and that gave them a national stage were they choked. The populace didn't think it was a good idea to shut down the government or vote to repeal the aca 50ish times. The tea party success of 2010 is why the republicans don't have a huge lead going into this mid term election.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

The Koch brothers are the establishment. What world are you living on? They are massively wealthy guys who use their money to lessen the power of the singular everyday American voter. Democrat or Republican makes little difference.

They are 17 on the list of wealthiest parties feeding money to political groups. They are the number one contributor for the right.
The 16 wealthier parties above them all contribute to the left.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Are we supposed to feel sympathy for the Koch brothers and the Tea Party??? Sorry. They're the worst thing that's happened to this country and politics for a LONG time. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Besides, The Campaign is a 2012 Comedy... It looks pretty funny. Thanks for reminding me about it because I missed it and will be renting it soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The left in Hollywood go after the Koch brothers and the Tea Pary, but their guys are just as bad. Soros is the left wing Koch and Obama is no different than George Bush. You'll never find left wing Hollywood admitting the truth of that. For some reason they are deluded into thinking their guys are better than the right wing guys. The truth is, they are all the same.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jainine

Hehe indeed. Both parties are corrupt. That doesn't make the Koch brothers or the Tea Party good though. It seems that politics is just a giant game of "would you rather?" these days. Ever play that game? It's a game you just can't win

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

all just one big campaign for 'the reset'

predictive programming for what (they intend to be) coming down the pipe

like how in that recent batman movie the elite skybox labeled 322 was destroyed
etc etc etc
(kinda had a brain aneurism just now thinking of all the embedded content in movies etc these days)
anyway.. it's everywhere
almost like they're trying to tell us something
even former shills like russell brand are in on the act
"helping" to "bring it all down"

"fight the power!"
/eyeroll

..in all their "revelations"
they never tell us the "full story" (these shills)
like Bill O'Reilly, and his 'killing lincoln' book (with the knights of the golden circle etc)
or that other recent piece of crap movie (J.Edgar Hoover) where they show a failed terrorist campaign against a certain group of well-known "industrialists" but left out all the pertinent information..

..then there's folks like Aaron Russo (RIP)

edit on 30-10-2014 by UNIT76 because: G

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Koch brothers are a problem, they deserve the criticism. Their influence in Washington does not benefit the citizens of this country. If you support America becoming a plutocracy I guess that's your choice, but I'm against it.

I don't need to hear a counter about George Soros either, the existence of a left wing plutocrat doesn't make right wing plutocrats OK, both are bad for this country.

I'm so fed up with bickering over whose plutocrat spends more. We should be focused on removing their influence across the board. We can't do that though, cause cheerleading for your side always gets in the way. The fact that someone can buy your politicians is a problem. the fact that the interests of our country are secondary (or worse) to their pocketbooks, is a problem.

The fact that you differentiate the Koch brothers from the establishment is laughable. They are the establishment! They aren't an outside force using their money to infiltrate the government to fight the good fight, they are already inside the government pulling the strings, and they are using their money to make sure you don't get in!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
I'm so fed up with bickering over whose plutocrat spends more. We should be focused on removing their influence across the board. We can't do that though, cause cheerleading for your side always gets in the way. The fact that someone can buy your politicians is a problem. the fact that the interests of our country are secondary (or worse) to their pocketbooks, is a problem.

THIS! And those in power KNOW they can pit us against each other and we'll "side up" with our team against the supposed "enemy". That's what solidifies the two-party system. Putting people into two camps keeps us firmly ensconced on our "side" and prevents anything from changing.

Posting this thread NOW when the movie is from 2012 is a perfect (if transparent) illustration of how the sides work... just in time for the upcoming mid-terms.

It's frustrating to think about how much we could get done if we came together and decided to really make a change.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The tea party is not like the other parties, it is a powerful unified step in the right direction. Koch brothers doing it to help themselves? Deregulation helps most businesses.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Perfect those Koch suckers deserve any bad press they can get.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

That's debatable. The Tea Party has a strong air of bigotry about it, among other unsavory things. Any extremist group is questionable in my book and tea party is extreme right wing.

top topics

join