It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein's Last Thoughts - The Higher Plane of Knowledge and a Portrait He knew

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What did Albert Einstein Know?

In an interview with Professor William Hermanns, he said: “I cannot accept any concept of God based on the fear of life or the fear of death or blind faith. I cannot prove to you that there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him I would be a liar.”

He goes on to say:

“I believe in the brotherhood of man and the uniqueness of the individual. But if you ask me to prove what I believe, I can't. You know them to be true but you could spend a whole lifetime without being able to prove them. The mind can proceed only so far upon what it knows and can prove. There comes a point where the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge, but can never prove how it got there. All great discoveries have involved such a leap.”

In most people, the tipping point of thinking comes in the middle school ages of 11-13. Between these ages, kids begin to move from concrete to abstract thinking. Related to this, compare the reasoning skills necessary to conceptualize quantum mechanics and relativity at the level of this uncommon mind possessed by Einstein. This higher plane of knowledge is directly related to how we think of dimensionality between the concrete spacial dimensions of the world around us and the movement of those dimensions through the temporal plains above.

We cannot see the abstract any more than we can see the past and future as hidden orthogonal dimensions around us. Like a 2D creature trying to see up and down, we simply cannot 'see' past and future. We can infer they are there, but only from a higher plane of reasoning. Moving beyond the 4th dimension of time, we can infer more dimensions above. Orthogonal thinking is the key to seeing what is hidden at right angles to our present plane of existence. This is what make Einstein a revolutionary thinker and an artifact out of place for his time.

To Einstein, space (spacial dimensions) and time (temporal dimensions) were one thing. Like dimensions of time and space in a linear matrix, the higher reasoning of knowledge can be adapted to move along the same pathways above. I believe this is what Einstein was referring to when trying to wrestle with his inability to reach his final goal. Like trying to prove God, Einstein knew that the wall separating proof from concept was too great to overcome in his lifetime.

His reference to brotherhood and the uniqueness of the individual is a direct reference to philosophy. The age old question that all of philosophy tries to answer is this: How can unity come from multiplicity? Better stated, how did multiplicity come from unity. Evolution tries to answer the same flipped and mirrored question. If the early universe was in a high state of order with low entropy, how did this unity and order render the eventual state of the individual mind and the multiplicity of forms associated with it? Between the invariance of the strong force and the symmetry breaking of the weak, what is the prime mover of this association and balance of force? This is the ultimate question of physics.

The question for Einstein really comes down to symmetry. An example of this is a crystal glass breaking into pieces on a floor. The symmetry and form of the original ends in the asymmetry of the broken and random pieces. Like the mirrored question above, the point of asking is to know how the symmetry breaking of the early state of unity resulted in the symmetry of the human form, the human mind and the multiplicity of support mechanisms that allow for life on a planet. I believe this is what Einstein was after the whole time. It's an ageless pursuit found as a seed in countless minds across the ages. Like the notes of a great musical score, the reflection of a great mind is mirrored across the whole of creation. It is evident that the music of the spheres is set to an irreducible mechanism geared for its performance. Did Einstein really miss the evidence for a Creator, or did he simply refuse to express without a proof?

As you listen to the symmetry of the song below, what are the lyrics referring to? As you view nature from the window of our home, what are the notes making the symphony of forms all around you singing? In both cases, the scores are composed of notes and mathematical relationships that have a purpose. Each describes what they set out to express. Explain how it can be any other way.

edit on 25-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Great thread. SnF. I especially liked the song.

It's relative.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Great thread. SnF. I especially liked the song.

It's relative.

A bit of research will tell you what the author said about the song. If you can find it, can you post the answer?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The inspiration for the song came from Kerry Livgren's admiration for Albert Einstein. He wrote the lyrics in a time when he was going through a spiritual transitional phase in his life, and after converting to Christianity, he re-recorded the song with his band AD, modifying the lyrics to make them fit the life of Jesus Christ.

en.m.wikipedia.org...(He_Knew)

edit on 25-10-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

The inspiration for the song came from Kerry Livgren's admiration for Albert Einstein. He wrote the lyrics in a time when he was going through a spiritual transitional phase in his life, and after converting to Christianity, he re-recorded the song with his band AD, modifying the lyrics to make them fit the life of Jesus Christ.

Can we trust these words to be true? What if the words are lying? Didn't he change the words and symbolism to point to Jesus instead of his original intention? How can we be sure the song is not about both?

edit on 25-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Creation consists of vibrations/music (same thing) some of which are in harmony with each other and some which are not. In order to have the best existence possible one should always strive t;o act in harmony with the Creator's vibrational wavelengths on a moment by moment basis.
Helpful hint: God is Love.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

How can we be sure the song is not about both?

It must be. In a oneness there is no "both" as the all is included.

edit on 25-10-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I like his opening statement: "I cannot accept any concept of God based on the fear of life or the fear of death.."

When I was a little kid in church, I considered that same thought - that religion was the result of humans coping with the fear of death.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

When i hear people say "Fear God" it makes me cringe. The real God is not to be feared, he would not want his children living in fear. Like the Biblical Yahweh say's he is a jealous God, i mean, why would the God of all existence be jealous of anything ? The false one's always want you fear them, to bow down to them. Twats.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
a reply to: nOraKat

When i hear people say "Fear God" it makes me cringe. The real God is not to be feared, he would not want his children living in fear. Like the Biblical Yahweh say's he is a jealous God, i mean, why would the God of all existence be jealous of anything ? The false one's always want you fear them, to bow down to them. Twats.

And yet he would kill every first born egyptian child to prove a point.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Kansas was my first concert back in '82. Love the band, have all their albums(even some Proto-Kaw and Kerry Livgren solo) but I'm woefully ignorant of their lyrics for some odd reason. So Portrait was just a great song with unknown lyrics. I knew it had been rerecorded with the Christian bent but had no idea of the original intent of the lyrics.

Learn something new everyday, and sometimes in very odd ways.

Looking at the lyrics I could see loads of different interpretations so I won't go down that road.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

That's right Cypress, this so called God is obviously, as many people say, an imposter. He's obviously fracking insane and an attention seeking git.

Monty Python where right on the money with this scene..........

edit on 26-10-2014 by DrunkYogi because: Monty Python Vid

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

Your comments of doubt about God seem to be relative to the Song I posted in the OP. What if the song is not about Einstein or Jesus at all?

edit on 26-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
it is not proof that people are looking for.
it is doubt that people have to overcome because the proof is everywhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet You ask what did einstein know?
He knew he would die and death was his last thought because that is what he accepted as truth.

He had a thousand ideas, you might have heard his name
He lived alone with his vision
Not looking for fortune or fame
Never said too much to speak of
He was off on another plane
The words that he said were a mystery
Nobody's sure he was sane

But he knew, he knew more than me or you
No one could see his view, Oh where was he going to

He was in search of an answer
The nature of what we are
He was trying to do it a new way
He was bright as a star
But nobody understood him
"His numbers are not the way"
He's lost in the deepest enigma
Which no one's unraveled today

No one could see his view, Oh where was he going to
And he tried, but before he could tell us he died
When he left us the people cried,
Oh where was he going to?

He had a different idea
A glimpse of the master plan
He could see into the future
A true visionary man
But there's something he never told us
It died when he went away
If only he could have been with us
No telling what he might say

No one could see his view
Oh, where was he going to
But he knew, you could tell by the picture he drew
It was totally something new,
Oh where was he going to?

edit on 26-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet
a reply to: DrunkYogi

Your comments of doubt about God seem to be relative to the Song I posted in the OP. What if the song is not about Einstein or Jesus at all?

It could be about Da Vinci.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
it is not proof that people are looking for.
it is doubt that people have to overcome because the proof is everywhere.

Why is it always, "the proof is everywhere", when you can't actually provide any actual proof? That has to be one of the most lazy, intellectually dishonest excuses I've ever heard. Yes, the proof is everywhere, but you don't have a single example? Nope, you just believe it blindly. I don't care if you chose to believe it, but don't lie and claim that proof of this being is "everywhere". It's faith. Why is that so difficult to admit? Why is is so difficult to accept the fact that evidence of god does not exist and that you are believing in god on pure faith? HUGE ego is the only reason I can honestly think of.
edit on 26-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
When you look around yourself, what do you see? is it not God in the simplest of terms in everything under the sun? What more does one need than to see God in everything? God does not move in mysterious ways, man simply chooses not to understand.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

“I cannot accept any concept of God based on the fear of life or the fear of death or blind faith. I cannot prove to you that there is no personal God, but if I were to speak of him I would be a liar.”

This sounds like the Tao.....

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao The name that can be named is not the eternal name

www.taoism.net...

The name is never the thing. The unknowable cannot be expressed in words. He did know something!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeargh
When you look around yourself, what do you see? is it not God in the simplest of terms in everything under the sun? What more does one need than to see God in everything? God does not move in mysterious ways, man simply chooses not to understand.

That's odd. I don't see god in anything. What does he look like? How can you tell? It sounds more like man simply chooses to blindly believe in something when it offers him comfort or peace of mind, despite the extreme lack of objective evidence. If you believe it, that's cool, it just gets old when folks try to tell others that their personal beliefs are fact and science is wrong as a result. Keep the faith rocking, just acknowledge that it's faith and move on.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join