It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw my whole astral body in a reflection during OOBE and it looked frightening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It took some contemplating to realize what I saw was me.

I was in an involuntary OOBE and had a chance to face a large window with a reflective tint that was our room. What I saw was a very thin humanoid figure. It looked like it was made of iron that came out of the fiery depths of the Earth. It wasn't glowing but it looked burnt. The head was also thin and had no distinguishable eyes, nose, lips, or ear.

I'm reminded of the shadow people or shadow entities. I watched it run and took a peek inside a double deck bed covered with curtains. I ran towards it. It vanished instantly when I got close to it. However, it did not seem aware of me.

In doing so, I did exactly as it did out of my own conscious decision and reflex action. After some time thinking about it, I remember my ability of being able to see a couple of seconds into the future - whenever I'm in OOBE or "semi-OOBE-conscious" state.

I was wondering if it meant anything. Why would I look like such a nasty thing? Well it wasn't totally bad, it wasn't disfigured, it just looked like something you should run away from if you saw it in the physical dimension as a physical entity.

I have to admit though, I have a searing anger towards many things in this world like despotic regimes. I had this urge to really mess them up if I get real good with OOBE. I have no fear of malevolent entities and they can't harm me either in these OOBEs. And I can OOBE even with anger inside me. Put it to good use maybe.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

All I see is you.

SnF, thanks for sharing.

Eisoptrophobia is being scared of your own reflection, as distinct from Spectrophobia, the fear of mirrors.

In Popular Culture
In Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, Tigger, thinking his reflection is an imposter pretending to be him, tries to scare his reflection away, but scares himself so much he dashes under the table.

Catoptrophobia (from the word catoptric meaning using a mirror to focus light; from Greek word katoptrikos) is the fear of mirrors. This phobia is distinct from Eisoptrophobia, which is the fear of your own reflection.

They can fear the thought of something frightening jumping out of the mirror or seeing something disturbing inside of it besides their own reflection when looking directly at it.

Others fear that it is a link to the supernatural world or a gateway into another world.

Some also fear their own reflection in the darkness, as it can appear distorted in strange ways

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-10-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have tried looking at myself in a mirror while lucid dreaming, and it was very hard to see myself entirely. It took great concentration, and my face would sort of start to show partially, peeking up from the bottom and slowly moving up.

But it did look like me in real life- I saw no bizarre entity.

Perhaps it was a manifestation of your emotions?

I don't know. But it is interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I have a possibility for you to consider. Are you born again in Christ? When Adam ate the fruit of good and evil, his spirit died, leaving his body in a slow dying state. That is why Jesus said we must be born again. You are born again by believing that Jesus died for our sins. Perhaps you saw your true spirit?

Its just a theory, maybe you saw an illusion projected on to you by a demon, who knows, I ve never seen myself in OOB state, though I have been OOB a few times (involuntarily).

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Maybe it is a reflection of your deep feelings towards the world you live in. If you were extremely happy right now I would love to know what you saw instead.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One of the scariest dreams I've had I was using the toilet in somebody's house and as I looked to my right into a full length mirror I saw myself standing square on at me with a really creepy dead-eyed look on my face, with the feeling of real dread in me I moved so quickly i floated down three flights of stairs to get away. I tend to float a lot in my dreams especially when I'm trying to run lol.

I also saw myself whilst having an oobe lying on my bed and it was just a solid black outline, at least I hope it was me! Ha!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
As other said, yes, it could be a manifestation of my emotions.

I forgot to say earlier that it vanished instantly at the same point I also woke up from the OOBE. I practically saw myself in the future exit whatever realm it was.

I only have rare opportunity to OOBE. In the times I do, I don't get farther away from my room, I wake up too easily perhaps due to the noisy environment or my overpowering will.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Fascinating. I have wondered before (and posted about it at least once) if "shadow people" aren't the living manifestations of a regular human's 'astral body'.

I think it's possible that one can involuntarily travel out of body WHILE dreaming and without being 'lucid'. So the person is not aware that they are ACTUALLY seeing the interior of someone else's house.

In this theory, people that are in a similar state - pre-bedtime seratonin levels, or merely 'sensitive' - can see these 'intruders'. And, being in that unaware dream state, the out-of-body-traveller isn't thinking about what they look like, so they aren't 'projecting' anything but a vague black shape.

I have had dreams where I'm floating (just like michaelb100 mentioned, though I tend to wobble around haphazardly) and somebody I encounter sees me, and they always look extremely startled. I usually try to get away and the dream ends quickly.

Now think about almost every shadow-person encounter you've ever read about - isn't that what they always do? Try to get away, then simply vanish?

Just an idea.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelb100
One of the scariest dreams I've had I was using the toilet in somebody's house and as I looked to my right into a full length mirror I saw myself standing square on at me with a really creepy dead-eyed look on my face, with the feeling of real dread in me I moved so quickly i floated down three flights of stairs to get away. I tend to float a lot in my dreams especially when I'm trying to run lol.

I also saw myself whilst having an oobe lying on my bed and it was just a solid black outline, at least I hope it was me! Ha!

Wait... you poop in your dreams?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teratoma

Now think about almost every shadow-person encounter you've ever read about - isn't that what they always do? Try to get away, then simply vanish?

Just an idea.

I don't read about them. I only see them frequently in titles, I think I'm not very interested until maybe now!

In my case, I did exactly as it did and it was a conscious action to try to chase it away, unlike being mind controlled.

I also think I witnessed a veritable paradox of time travel that we may have quite a dynamic connection to ourselves who might be existing at a different point in time.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I've never seen myself during an OBE, never tried actually. But I have seen my husband, and my cat who I am pretty sure saw me. After going OBE I decided to try and "wake up" my husband. We have a prearranged thing and it's fine with him for me to try this. It's always important to have peoples permission when attempting things like this.

After going OBE I sat up in the bed, on myself actually. My cat was lying on my husband and this is where things started to become very odd. At first I was pulling on his hair and I didn't think that was such a nice thing so I started shaking him and saying "wake up wake up"

He "woke up" and he was golden, a golden light was shining through his face, it was crazy!

I've seen myself in lucid dreams before and am able to morph my appearance in the mirror. It's interesting how sometimes the reflection is beautiful and sometimes it's grotesque. Not sure if my self esteem at the time causes the reflection to appear pretty or ugly, it's interesting though.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here is one out of the blue thought, that may not even have been you? The thing that portalled through, our DNA our bodies, we're kind of portals and mirrors, shadow, ie closets and under the bed....the list goes on.

Another thing though, that metal suit. Made me wonder if, this was you, if Higher Self didn't slap armour on you whenever you're out of body and vulnerable in this very low gravity school realm we're in. Because I would do that for people if I was my Higher Self.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Another thing though, that metal suit. Made me wonder if, this was you, if Higher Self didn't slap armour on you whenever you're out of body and vulnerable in this very low gravity school realm we're in. Because I would do that for people if I was my Higher Self.

Can't be a metal suit. The thing was very skinny like gray alien skinny. It looked like it came out of a furiously burning building. You know how burnt (not melted) steel frames of burned buildings looked like and left for a couple of days exposed. That's how the texture of its body looked. The surface is chipping and dark rusty brown.

There was no discernable mechanical joints so it's definitely not a robot, nor suit.

It looked confident despite looking like it went through hell.

After some contemplating, if I were to become some sort of a superhero, it's the form that I might choose. It's not ugly, well, it has no face but it has a good posture and proportion even if very skinny. But best of all, it looks like it means serious business, an unstoppable force not to mess with, the kind that will give bad people deadly nightmares.
edit on 27-10-2014 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join