It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa killings; Who Wins? Russel Brand The Trews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is #ing awesome !!! I love Russel Brand, and I certainly enjoyed his rantings here, but unsure where I should have posted this. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

check this out ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Well I had mothballed any interest I might have had in old Russell, but this piece was pretty spot on. I didn't learn anything new though. He's just been parroting what we've been saying, at least here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Yes, but it was still brilliant to see someone with some sort of a following going against the grain. Granted he sounds like a raving loon most of the time.

I found it startling and refreshing.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I've been watching Russells "Trews" series for quite some months now, and I'm more often than not impressed by what I hear. Then I get annoyed a little. What he is trying to do is actually a wonderful thing. And I love his heartfelt messages of wanting to live in a peaceful world. What annoys me is he HAS charisma in spades, and it's enthusiastic and grips you until he starts his slightly nasty mocking tone towards people and laughing too hard at his own jokes...
Urrggg it really that annoys and irritates me because he could achieve so much more once he learns to curbs that. His quick wit luckily seems to have survived his drugged out lunatic faze, and it took him quite some time to overcome that image and be wonderfully entertaining in many comedic british shows.

I feel that over the next five years, he will morph out of his mocking stage and his reads of the news and the factual background will be taken more seriously because I want people to hear his messages and get a movement of change going.
What he really needs is another comedian working with him so he doesn't ruin his message with himself laughing at his own (sometimes I hate to say, bullyish) jokes, or some kind of audience.

It's tricky, but his youtube views and channel growth seem to stagnated a bit - sadly he might need his show on mainstream tv for community saturation, but would his message survive mainstream tv intact??
edit on 24-10-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Why,Mr. Brand...are you reading my posts on ATS,and using my ideas? Hmmm? No matter,seeing it put forth and though humorously validated, actually restored some of my faith in you. He is right. Apparently,Harper is amending laws regarding terrorist acts as we speak.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 24-10-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I will admit I love the message but once he gets going I doubt his sobriety, and sadly that's because I know his history and struggles with drugs and with his way of conveying his messages he comes off a little.... up...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Did you expect me to watch that? I expected a better reply.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There's a dead man here. There are no winners.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I was kind of hoping you would

Alas, I failed. I find Russel Refreshing, and yes it would seem to ring true he is speaking from the hearts of all of us.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I love the Trews, subscribed to it awhile back. Have always like Russell Brand and he seems like a fairly intelligent guy. I like that he's not afraid to say things that can (and usually do) cause controversy. I'll have to give this one a watch now, I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for posting it

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think that might be rather the point that was being made. When events like these are used to promote an agenda by politicians, history remembers the ripples with far more clarity than it remembers the stone, and that does no honour to the fallen.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Truebrit, don't take this wrong but you are very quickly becoming one of my favourite posters as of late. I myself have devolved on the boards in to a bumbling lunatic who is belligerent and disrespectful at best. I used to do so in jest, with humor, wit and intelligence but alas it has escaped me. Your wisdom is apparent, as is your insight and passion for the topics you discuss.

AND eff man, you post on like every board.

Cheers

-jinx

new topics

top topics

join